How to Bring Nexus 7 on Vacation Without Breaking It???

Discussion in 'Android' started by Codename, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Codename
    OP

Member Codename GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO

Canada
    Hi. I am going to the US for a vacation soon. How about would I go protecting my Nexus 7 from screen damages if I'm taking it on an airplane? I already have a case that covers the back and the edges of the front. I also have a zip-up sleeve (though it is made out of very soft and felt-like material). Could I make a duct-tape screen cover that would fit in place for when I'm not using it? Also, where should I put my Nexus 7 in my carry-on luggage? Perhaps wrap it in some clothing? Thanks and please answer soon.

2. Quincy

Member Quincy Your own personal guitarist :3

Netherlands
    I would recomend to put it in your hand-luggage. You never can be too sure whether they throw your suitcase along the terminals or not.

3. legofan623

Member legofan623 GBAtemp Fan

United States
  4. kingcolex

Member kingcolex Joe "Coop" Cooper

United States
    Wouldn't be to worried brought my tablet with me just in regular portfolio case, the gorrila glass is pretty helpful.

5. The Real Jdbye

Member The Real Jdbye D:

Norway
    You are the only one handling your hand luggage so as long as you don't throw it around and you strategically place the N7 so it won't move around a lot just to be sure, it's perfectly safe.
    But I would really recommend a portfolio case, they're great as they double as a stand and they protect your screen without being in the way when you want to use it.
    Edit: Plus they toggle the screen on and off.

6. Chocolina

Member Chocolina GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So you have a protective sleeve, a protective case, but you didn't even think about a screen protector?

I'd also be worried about your paid entertainment apps that require internet connection to verify valid license.

I've bought around 30 or more games on my nex7, with only 3 of them not requiring a connection to play.

7. chains_of_androm

Member chains_of_androm GBAtemp Regular

United States
    put it in your pocket

8. The Real Jdbye

Member The Real Jdbye D:

Norway
    But then you have to take it out when you go through luggage control. It's safer in the hand luggage itself IMO.

9. Codename
    OP

Member Codename GREEN BRO IS BEST BRO

Canada
    Thank you everyone! My Nexus 7 would've probably been trashed if you guys hadn't give such good advice! Can some moderator close this thead or what?