OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
hi.
how can i backup my NAND??
i've installed bootmii as boot2.
if i brick my wii how can i restore my NAND??

supermodchips

Trophies
XP
Country
If you have the correct files on your SD card, bootmii should start when the wii is turned on and a NAND backup should be available at the mune.

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
david432111 said:
alimami said:
but when i turn on my wii nothing happen.
where can i get these correct files??
Launch the hackmii installer and choose prepare an sd card.

Wow, what a coincidence. I was having this exact same problem today and you just solved it for me. Thanks!
gbasp.gif

sl33p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pasted from the Bootmii website:

QUOTE said:
I installed BootMii/boot2, but it doesn't come up when I boot my Wii.

Try booting with no SD card inserted. If you see a brief set of flashes from the blue slot LED right after you hit the power button, try a different SD card. Make sure you have a directory named "bootmii" with the "armboot.bin" and "ppcboot.elf" files inside.

If you do not see those flashes, BootMii/boot2 is not installed.

http://bootmii.org/faq/

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My problem is I have BootMii installed as an ISO on a LU64 V4u Wii.

When I launch BootMii from the HomeBrew channel I don't see an option to backup or restore the NAND.

I can't install BootMii as boot2 because of the type of system.

How do I do it on this type of system?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Sacohen9665 said:

When I launch BootMii from the HomeBrew channel I don't see an option to backup or restore the NAND.

It's called IOS (probably Input-Output System). Anyways, go to the Gears, and then go the Pic with the Green arrow. Tada, you can Backup your NAND. Is it so hard to look around?

Important: This won't realy help you!!! IOS-BootMii Users are far away from save, even if they have a backup. Don't do anything dangerous with your Wii, because your Backup probably won't help you if something goes wrong.

ThePimP2008

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Blue-K...so basically a IOS-BOOTMII nand backup is useless cos i cannot be restored?...but the backup is good yeah?...so whats the point then why wont my 3.2e let me install as boot2..is there a way around this?..Can you tell me which wii is compatable with boot2 so i can buy one and get shut of this one i have know...Cheers Bud...
unsure.gif

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
ThePimP2008 said:
Hi Blue-K...so basically a IOS-BOOTMII nand backup is useless cos i cannot be restored?...but the backup is good yeah?...so whats the point then why wont my 3.2e let me install as boot2..is there a way around this?..Can you tell me which wii is compatable with boot2 so i can buy one and get shut of this one i have know...Cheers Bud...
unsure.gif

Yup, as a Backup-Solution, the BootMii as IOS is useless (there was a Thread about it, all/nearly all agreed on that, I think). Because IF you would be able to launch BootMii (which is pretty hard if you bricked), there would be other ways to fix it. And you can't restore your Backup from the IOS. IOS BootMii=Homebrew, no Brick Protection. Link to Thread with more infos: HERE. Now:

-There's (currently) no way around this on Wiis that won't let you install it. Quote from Team Twiizers:
QUOTEAt first, BootMii will not be compatible with those Wiis. A modified boot2 will not run on them, period.
Source (Btw: Go to the Link, much more Informations). I wouldn't wait for it...
-I don't know exactly...for shure the first ones (Launch-Wiis) that were released, because I can confirm that myself
smile.gif

But IF you want BootMii only as a Brick-Protection (which is obvious), I would say:
-Stay always on the safe side
-Use Wanins (upcoming) NAND-Emulator for the crazy things

And you should be realy safe
smile.gif

larrylje

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read that it is possible (and has been done) to unsolder the NAND chip and use a programmer to restore a NAND backup to the NAND chip.

Of course most don't have the equipment or knowledge to do this but I am sure you could find someone online that could get the job done.

So I would suggest making a NAND backup even if you can only install Bootmii as an IOS.

tanis698

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Sacohen9665 said:

It's called IOS (probably Input-Output System). Anyways, go to the Gears, and then go the Pic with the Green arrow. Tada, you can Backup your NAND. Is it so hard to look around?

Important: This won't realy help you!!! IOS-BootMii Users are far away from save, even if they have a backup. Don't do anything dangerous with your Wii, because your Backup probably won't help you if something goes wrong.
actually myself and a few others have used bootmii as a ios and restored our nand.i did it myself on a lu65 wii.bootmii as a ios and preloader will work together.

justanotherstalk

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How would one do if one had a bootmii/ios install, generally? Is the combination with preloader the easiest and safest way to get a restoreable nand backup for brick recovery? My concern is if I brick while getting preloader up, since the readme states there is a risk, I would be in deep serious trouble? But on the other hand, is there an option?

GimmeWii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I made three backups yesterday on my friends 4.2E with latest Bootmii. I had some bad blocks which is normal iirc. Every backup verified correctly. but I compare 1:st with 2:nd, 1:st with 3:rd and 2:nd with 3:rd and none match.

Keys.bin is 1024 byte and nand.bin is 553649152. Same size on all three backups.

I compared them with diff in Linux. It scares me a bit that it says file differ on all the files. Can I be confident it is a correct backup? I think it might be the "charset" the fools diff. When I open the file in vim, it's the same amount of lines and character, but it looks encrypted. My thought is that diff-utils can't handle that.

Any ideas?

GimmeWii

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum