Hardware How tight is your wiiclip

ole jason

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
My wiiclip seems to be a lot looser than it should be. The chip on the dvd drive just slides right in with no hesitation. Everything I've read has said there should be a 'pop' when the two pieces of hardware finally come to know one another.

In all seriousness this thing is beginning to anger me. When I boot up the wii it's like it isn't even there.
hate2.gif

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
I know what you mean. But mine vibrates...a lot. And makes a lot of noise. It'll be fine. As long as it works fine, there's nothing wrong with it.

ole jason

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mine doesn't work at all. Do you think it being loose could be the problem? It's the only thing I can figure at this point.

I've tried multiple brands of discs, including imation -R, and tried all the discs available. I think I've made about 14 coasters at this point haha

heliuscc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
taping it down won't help if it's not touching the contacts. You did buy the right clip didn't you?
I would have bought from ozmodchips, he's dead sound, that's where I bought my 2, and he's the other side of the world from me, still got here in a week and worked fine!

ole jason

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I checked the outside of the clip and it looks legit.

The clip is actually attached quite tight now. I couldn't simply lift it off like I could previously. I didn't pull it off just yet because I'm afraid I'll damage something.

At this point I'm baffled as to what the problem could be. I even made a special trip to buy yet another brand of dvd (verbatim -R) to try but they still don't work.

ole jason

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's the wiikey and v3 clip package. I bought it from you guys actually.

I just got your email that it comes with 1.9b... would that explain why none of the config discs work? I'm going to try a couple more backup iso's I have on here just to make sure the problem isn't my rip. I think I've tried everything else.

Veloxi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
That site showing the fake wii-clips is great. Wonderful, actually. Except it doesn't show legit ones in comparison so you can tell the difference.

And ole jason, you were commenting on my posts about Wiikey/Clip I thought. I assumed your setup was working fine? If I ever get my shipment I'll let you know if I have the same problem

ole jason

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ModchipCentral said:
No, the config discs will still work no matter what firmware your Wiikey has. Try using Verbatim DVD-R's

As stated above I tried verbatim's to no avail. I sent another email your way. Just had bad luck on this one I guess. I'm sure the replacement will be fine. Thanks!

QUOTE(Veloxi @ Sep 10 2008, 05:16 PM) That site showing the fake wii-clips is great. Wonderful, actually. Except it doesn't show legit ones in comparison so you can tell the difference.

And ole jason, you were commenting on my posts about Wiikey/Clip I thought. I assumed your setup was working fine? If I ever get my shipment I'll let you know if I have the same problem

I'm sure it will work fine. It seems like most people get them working fine. I've modded every disc drive console I've owned since the ps1 and this is the first time I've had a chip not work so I figure my time had come haha

twonk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I recently installed a wiiclip/wiikey combination in my wii. The clip didnt seem to attach properly, and always came off very easily. To get it working, I did this...
1. take a good, close up look at the wiiclip check all of the pins. If any of them appear out of alignment use a needle and reposition them *very* carefully. Try installing again. That didnt help - the wii wasnt recognising the chip would still play originals, not recognise backups.
2. Solder the power and ground point from the chip to the circuit board. The points are nice and big so not too hard. I know it defeats the point of a solderless chip, but this worked for me! I pushed the clip on until it was stable, and then soldered the two wires. Chip worked fine on first attempt. After that, I taped the wiiclip securely down, reassembled and all is now well.

Good luck!
Andy

ole jason

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
NeSchn said:
My WiiKey WiiClip fit perfectly fine, but the D2Pro that I installed (which is lost in the mail i think, I sent it back to ModChipCentral so it could get updated) was loose.

Did it work when it was loose?

I'm sending mine back. Hopefully the replacement will work.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
ole jason said:
NeSchn said:
My WiiKey WiiClip fit perfectly fine, but the D2Pro that I installed (which is lost in the mail i think, I sent it back to ModChipCentral so it could get updated) was loose.

Did it work when it was loose?

I'm sending mine back. Hopefully the replacement will work.
Yeah it worked fine but once I opened it up to take it out I just touched it and it was out. I was like "OK" and I sent it back. I hope ModChipCentral gets it soon. I really think it got lost or stolen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf