How tight is your wiiclip

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by ole jason, Sep 8, 2008.

Sep 8, 2008

How tight is your wiiclip by ole jason at 4:57 PM (2,198 Views / 0 Likes) 19 replies

1. ole jason
    OP

Member ole jason GBAtemp Regular

My wiiclip seems to be a lot looser than it should be. The chip on the dvd drive just slides right in with no hesitation. Everything I've read has said there should be a 'pop' when the two pieces of hardware finally come to know one another.

In all seriousness this thing is beginning to anger me. When I boot up the wii it's like it isn't even there.
    [​IMG]

2. Tichinde925

Member Tichinde925 Marth Ditto Money Match?

United States
    Did you buy the Modchip and the WiiClip from reliable sellers?

3. ole jason
    OP

modchipcentral... they seem to have a good rep

4. Livin in a box

Member Livin in a box Livin' in a cardboard box

United Kingdom
    I know what you mean. But mine vibrates...a lot. And makes a lot of noise. It'll be fine. As long as it works fine, there's nothing wrong with it.

5. ole jason
    OP

Mine doesn't work at all. Do you think it being loose could be the problem? It's the only thing I can figure at this point.

I've tried multiple brands of discs, including imation -R, and tried all the discs available. I think I've made about 14 coasters at this point haha

6. Tichinde925

Member Tichinde925 Marth Ditto Money Match?

United States
    Couldnt you just tape it down so that it doesnt move?

7. heliuscc

Newcomer heliuscc Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    taping it down won't help if it's not touching the contacts. You did buy the right clip didn't you?
    I would have bought from ozmodchips, he's dead sound, that's where I bought my 2, and he's the other side of the world from me, still got here in a week and worked fine!

8. drbootleg

Newcomer drbootleg Newbie

United States
  9. ole jason
    OP

I checked the outside of the clip and it looks legit.

The clip is actually attached quite tight now. I couldn't simply lift it off like I could previously. I didn't pull it off just yet because I'm afraid I'll damage something.

At this point I'm baffled as to what the problem could be. I even made a special trip to buy yet another brand of dvd (verbatim -R) to try but they still don't work.

10. ModchipCentral

Member ModchipCentral GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Which chip and clip do you have?

11. ole jason
    OP

It's the wiikey and v3 clip package. I bought it from you guys actually.

I just got your email that it comes with 1.9b... would that explain why none of the config discs work? I'm going to try a couple more backup iso's I have on here just to make sure the problem isn't my rip. I think I've tried everything else.

12. ModchipCentral

Member ModchipCentral GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    No, the config discs will still work no matter what firmware your Wiikey has. Try using Verbatim DVD-R's

13. Veloxi

Member Veloxi GBAtemp Regular

Iceland
    That site showing the fake wii-clips is great. Wonderful, actually. Except it doesn't show legit ones in comparison so you can tell the difference.

And ole jason, you were commenting on my posts about Wiikey/Clip I thought. I assumed your setup was working fine? If I ever get my shipment I'll let you know if I have the same problem

14. ole jason
    OP

I'm sure it will work fine. It seems like most people get them working fine. I've modded every disc drive console I've owned since the ps1 and this is the first time I've had a chip not work so I figure my time had come haha

15. twonk

Newcomer twonk Member

I recently installed a wiiclip/wiikey combination in my wii. The clip didnt seem to attach properly, and always came off very easily. To get it working, I did this...
    1. take a good, close up look at the wiiclip check all of the pins. If any of them appear out of alignment use a needle and reposition them *very* carefully. Try installing again. That didnt help - the wii wasnt recognising the chip would still play originals, not recognise backups.
    2. Solder the power and ground point from the chip to the circuit board. The points are nice and big so not too hard. I know it defeats the point of a solderless chip, but this worked for me! I pushed the clip on until it was stable, and then soldered the two wires. Chip worked fine on first attempt. After that, I taped the wiiclip securely down, reassembled and all is now well.

Good luck!
    Andy

16. nightwalker

Member nightwalker GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    mine worked great...got it off DX when they still had it in stock!

17. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    My WiiKey WiiClip fit perfectly fine, but the D2Pro that I installed (which is lost in the mail i think, I sent it back to ModChipCentral so it could get updated) was loose.

18. Prophet

Member Prophet Resident Black Militant

United States
    There's a penis joke in there somewhere, I just don't have the time to find it.

19. ole jason
    OP

Did it work when it was loose?

I'm sending mine back. Hopefully the replacement will work.

20. NeSchn

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Yeah it worked fine but once I opened it up to take it out I just touched it and it was out. I was like "OK" and I sent it back. I hope ModChipCentral gets it soon. I really think it got lost or stolen.