Not open for further replies.

Nightmare-Rex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im wondering how the freak do peaple get blank DS cards AND put a single game on it. im not talking flash carts but I mean how the hell do ebay scammers get a hold of blank cartriges with no SD slot AND it holds one game like an official card. also Ive seen this for the GBA as well. examples: ebay scams, official looking pokemon choas black eta.

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
China.

I got scam once on ebay with those once. he said the game is original but it wont play on dsi and only on ds.
dry.gif

after that, i havent bought any ds game
laugh.gif

Nightmare-Rex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but how the hell do they get these on these "cartriges" in the first place and where do they obtain them. also it would be bad ass to have an official looking game when it is acualy a homebrew.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All it is, is a PCB with various components on it...
You can buy the parts and make them yourself, of course you'll have to program them/write to the chips.

And homebrew wouldn't work as it's not signed code.
You'd essentially have to make a flashcard that ran one piece of software. Not very cost effective.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Nightmare-Rex said:
but how the hell do they get these on these "cartriges" in the first place and where do they obtain them. also it would be bad ass to have an official looking game when it is acualy a homebrew.
I guess that most of those "flashcards" are cheap R4 clones with a flash chip soldered where the microSD slot should be.

Either that, or they're just clone PCBs of the original ones. I'd love to see the inside of one
tongue.gif

Pterodactyl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Nepal
iMythD said:
I never realised that that was possible. When playing the game, like starting it up, is there any difference?
it's like every other real ds games,starts the same but sometimes hangs during gameplay.I bought a harry potter and gof game for regular price(30$) it had no manuals,the sticker was placed a few mm s out of place on the card,the card did not have the nintendo screw, the card was little fatter,it did not go in unless u pressed with a extra force, and the game sometimes hung during gameplay ,so it might be a fake.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
C175R said:
China.

I got scam once on ebay with those once. he said the game is original but it wont play on dsi and only on ds.
dry.gif

after that, i havent bought any ds game
laugh.gif
lool ya. those scammers still exist on ebay. i myself reported several items on ebay..

Mcguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Get a ds card reader and writer and put one of those cheap ds reproduction cards in it replace the game with the game you want

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: