Homebrew How should I go about installing CFW? (1.0.0 Switch)

Woomie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
(Posting from reddit because it freaking flagged as 'spam', how dare)

Yo, I just bought a secondhand switch that's apparently still at version 1.0.0 (online sale, rather difficult to verify) and when it arrives, I need to figure out how to jailbreak it/install CFW on it/whatever. Which you can apparently now do without updating it to 3.0.0? The only issue is, I have... no idea where to even begin, and everything I find tends to say I absolutely must get a pokken tournament dx cartridge and update, which, no. All of this is so far out of my wheelhouse, and I've only had a pre-jailbroken 3ds before. So, uh.
... Any advice?

kaputnik

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hacked my 1.0.0 switch a year or so ago, using the fusee-gelee method described at https://switch.homebrew.guide/.

If I remember it right, the only problem I ran into was that the then current version of ChoiDujourNX wouldn't work on 1.0.0. Had to use an older version of CDN (1.1.0 I believe), make a stopover on whatever version of the Switch firmware was current when 1.1.0 was released, and then update to 9.2.0 from that using the current CDN version. Back then, Daybreak didn't exist though. Maybe it can go straight from 1.0.0 to whatever firmware version you want.

Other than that, everything was very straightforward. The additional hardware used was a 3D printed RCM jig, an USB A to C cable, and a PC to launch the payload sender on. No game carts or anything like that.

Might be worth mentioning that I had no intentions of using that Switch online, so I didn't take any precautions for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter