Homebrew How should I go about installing CFW? (1.0.0 Switch)

Woomie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovakia
(Posting from reddit because it freaking flagged as 'spam', how dare)

Yo, I just bought a secondhand switch that's apparently still at version 1.0.0 (online sale, rather difficult to verify) and when it arrives, I need to figure out how to jailbreak it/install CFW on it/whatever. Which you can apparently now do without updating it to 3.0.0? The only issue is, I have... no idea where to even begin, and everything I find tends to say I absolutely must get a pokken tournament dx cartridge and update, which, no. All of this is so far out of my wheelhouse, and I've only had a pre-jailbroken 3ds before. So, uh.
... Any advice?

kaputnik

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hacked my 1.0.0 switch a year or so ago, using the fusee-gelee method described at https://switch.homebrew.guide/.

If I remember it right, the only problem I ran into was that the then current version of ChoiDujourNX wouldn't work on 1.0.0. Had to use an older version of CDN (1.1.0 I believe), make a stopover on whatever version of the Switch firmware was current when 1.1.0 was released, and then update to 9.2.0 from that using the current CDN version. Back then, Daybreak didn't exist though. Maybe it can go straight from 1.0.0 to whatever firmware version you want.

Other than that, everything was very straightforward. The additional hardware used was a 3D printed RCM jig, an USB A to C cable, and a PC to launch the payload sender on. No game carts or anything like that.

Might be worth mentioning that I had no intentions of using that Switch online, so I didn't take any precautions for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $12 large any style pizza deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Each bite is a $1 well spent
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, Agreed. I hate oven pizza, only from pizza place.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I can still go for totinos
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah I can still go for totinos