Gaming How Secure is Your Password?

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A password close to one of the ones I use was rated at 902 billion years.... not good enough (I have many passwords and do not use the same password for anything else... (its a security risk to use a password for more then one resource)

PC speeds double almost every year so thats discomforting....

D

Deleted_171835

"It would take
About 252 years
for a desktop PC to crack your password"
wink2.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
my password is **********

Cool, gbatemp automatically converts passwords to **** lol

laugh.gif

anyway, its takes 30 seconds to crack mine anyway. haha

elmoreas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
171 trillion years but then again this is done by brute force and by a single desktop pc. There are better methods and stronger computers that can do it in much less time. I of course did not use my real password but something similar. Remember when making a password use letters, numbers, symbols, CAPS, and spaces if possible; make it completely nonsensical and at least 16 characters. Never write your password down or save it on your pc and never share it with anyone... ever. Lastly do your best to have different passwords for different sites so if one is comprimised you don't have to worry about everything. If you cannot keep them all straight then make a list of sites and say this site uses password 1 and that site password 2 etc. Then in your head associate #1 with a certain pw and #2 with another and so on. IMHO for every 4 sites you access with a pw you need a different pw, so if you access 16 pw protected sites you need 4 passwords.

I used to be carefree about this kind of stuff but then my ID got stolen and my checking account was emptied along with all of my savings and 3 years later I am still fixing my credit report. So I am very serious about this stuff now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over