Hacking How screwed am I? Fixing a bricked N3DS XL with no backup

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I think I added the picture, buy no cyan text at all. Some yellow at the bottom...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And directional pad load
Mhhhhokay, apparently I was wrong and you already have B9S, but I'm 95% sure it's an older version nevertheless. Which means you have to follow this instead. Don't worry about the files from the other guide, they'll get removed once you finish with the guide I linked too

Bubblegoose90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mhhhhokay, apparently I was wrong and you already have B9S, but I'm 95% sure it's an older version nevertheless. Which means you have to follow this instead. Don't worry about the files from the other guide, they'll get removed once you finish with the guide I linked too
I'll check it out. Please stand by. Lol

Bubblegoose90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It still loads in gm though it's 1.7.1 now... It isn't loading luma. I remember what that looked like and I had that at some point last year but I can't get it to load luma. There is no option to launch safeb9installer once I get into the sd card so step 1 & 2 aren't possible. Again, all new downloads and they have been copied properly to replace old files. Everything on my card is correct......

Sorry, I didn't attach my reply to your message...

Attachments

• 1536867153454.jpg
    1536867153454.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 74

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It still loads in gm though it's 1.7.1 now... It isn't loading luma. I remember what that looked like and I had that at some point last year but I can't get it to load luma. There is no option to launch safeb9installer once I get into the sd card so step 1 & 2 aren't possible. Again, all new downloads and they have been copied properly to replace old files. Everything on my card is correct......

Sorry, I didn't attach my reply to your message...
Make sure you extracted SafeB9SInstaller.firm, since that guide requires the FIRM, and not the .bin

Bubblegoose90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you extracted SafeB9SInstaller.firm, since that guide requires the FIRM, and not the .bin

I just checked it. .Firm file and not the .bin. I really don't know what to do but replace the motherboard. Im not sure I actually finished the process last year. When I put it in the cabinet, godmode had this cool little graphic. Now it's just the small white text I showed. If you have any other ideas or know someone else on here who can help....i can't afford to pay for it to be fixed/hacked by someone else when a mobo is like $30-$40. I should have just waited on ntrboot.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just checked it. .Firm file and not the .bin.

Derp.
19. Copy SafeB9SInstaller.bin from the SafeB9SInstaller .zip to the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card

Add both versions for good measures.

Not sure if this applies for the New 3DS XL and New 2DS XL, but if you have a New 3DS, there's a secret_sector.bin you'll need to download with a torrent.

Bubblegoose90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Derp.

Add both versions for good measures.

Not sure if this applies for the New 3DS XL and New 2DS XL, but if you have a New 3DS, there's a secret_sector.bin you'll need to download with a torrent.

I used both firms. And I'm using an o3ds. I do have the secret sector file as I have all of this stuff backed up just in case. I plan on using ntrboot on my new 3ds but I have to order a me game card slot and replace it first.

Anyway, I set up the card exactly as instructed, just no go. Like I said, it's quite likely that I did something wrong in my first attempt at this last year and that is why the guides aren't working.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used both firms. And I'm using an o3ds. I do have the secret sector file as I have all of this stuff backed up just in case. I plan on using ntrboot on my new 3ds but I have to order a me game card slot and replace it first.

Anyway, I set up the card exactly as instructed, just no go. Like I said, it's quite likely that I did something wrong in my first attempt at this last year and that is why the guides aren't working.

In your post #43 with the picture showing GodMode9 v1.7.1, does the top screen works for the o3DS?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Your issue seems very similar to this one:

Edit - Check your [1:] CTRNAND in GodMode9.

1:/
rw/
luma/
payloads/
GodMode9.firm (v1.7.1 - 416.0 KB)​
config.bin (32 Byte)​
boot.firm (Luma3DS v9.1 - 182.0 KB)
Edit 2- If everything looks in place on CTRNAND, try booting the o3DS without an SD card. If it gives you an error, your issue likely requires SysNAND Restore (Safe) or CTRTransfer if you don't have a NAND image.

Lastly, if SysNAND Restore and/or CTRTransfer also fails on you, check for loose flex cables and WiFi module.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Bubblegoose90

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your issue seems very similar to this one:

Edit - Check your [1:] CTRNAND in GodMode9.

1:/
rw/
luma/
payloads/
GodMode9.firm (v1.7.1 - 416.0 KB)​
config.bin (32 Byte)​
boot.firm (Luma3DS v9.1 - 182.0 KB)​
Edit 2- If everything looks in place on CTRNAND, try booting the o3DS without an SD card. If it gives you an error, your issue likely requires SysNAND Restore (Safe) or CTRTransfer if you don't have a NAND image.

Lastly, if SysNAND Restore and/or CTRTransfer also fails on you, check for loose flex cables and WiFi module.

I've already tried to run it with no card. I get the stack dump screen with all the lines of numbers. I also tried to do the CTRTransfer and it worked exactly like the guide said, but all that happened was my godmode went from 1.2 to 1.7.....?? Idk. Everything is just incomplete. I can't finish the process but I can't restore anything either cause I never created a backup.

Attachments

• 1536956521085.jpg
    1536956521085.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 74
Last edited by Bubblegoose90,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol