CapNinja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi, my New 3ds is on 11.6.
Ready for a long story (well, you can wait for the movie trilogy, as well)?
This story is replete with stupidity and basic mistakes, be advised.
I've used a 8gb sd card since always (4 years), in there almost 300 hours of pokémon. In a "Falling Down" day (hope you've watched the movie), I've decided toput a bigger sd card, and then, I completely S*** myself.
Did not check the integrity of the new sd card (was a chinese rotten one), did not make any backup on pc (just cut and paste between sd cards), and take and put the sd card with 3ds still on.
Result: Lost everything. Hous of Radiant Historia, converted roms of SNES, Genesis, GBA and GB, legit shiny pokemon with awesome EVs and IVs that I was keeping for when my sol was older to keep (silly me, I know).
Frustrated, I've put the videogame in the drawer for 5 months. Today, listening to my friend advice I've done factory reset the 3ds, to see if a could just update CFWs (Luma update did not worked at the time, and some others too).

Well my friends, how can I make the 3ds usable again?
I'm conscious that my pokemon work will have to be redone, just want to see the 3ds pristine and updated.

Thanks for your time.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The first thing I'm going to ask you is if your 3DS is using arm9loaderhax instead boot9strap.

Why? Because I see so many Brazilian 3DS users have the older A9LH cfw probably from following one of those YouTube tutorials, so get this out of the way first before moving on.

Once you've established your 3DS is indeed using B9S, does your 8 GB card still has its original setup intact?

- If you still have your old files, check if your games work.

- If you have the files but they don't work, set aside a copy of your entire setup on computer.

Use this cheat guide to get you up and running with a fresh barebone CFW setup.
Once the new setup is put in place, go ahead and install new copies of the games you had before. Make sure their regions or Title ID matches. Read this thread for the method in (possibly) restoring your save files. May or may not work. :sleep:

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,
Reactions: CapNinja

CapNinja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My 3ds is B9S, And I Can't pass the
Section III - Homebrew Launcher
  1. Press (L) + (Down) + (Select) at the same time to open the Rosalina menu
Nothing happens, but maybe its related to my Luma 7.1. It's older than that Rosalina release.
Messing in my wife's notebook, I have found some old folders from the 3ds. Unless you tell me to hit them, they will lay there (learning from my mistakes xD)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

CapNinja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Section II - Installing boot9strap
  1. Launch Luma3DS chainloader menu by holding (Start) during boot
Holding start open GodMode9 not the Luma3DS chainloader, sorry for taking so much of your time.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you do this step?

4. Copie SafeB9SInstaller.firm do .zip do SafeB9SInstaller para a pasta /luma/payloads/ no seu cartão SD
4. Copy SafeB9SInstaller.firm from the SafeB9SInstaller .zip to the /luma/payloads/ folder on your SD card

Luma chainloader should allow you to choose between that and GodMode9 if you have them in that location.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I did. There is only 2 files
Godmode9 and SafeB9SInstaller.
Both are .firm

If you're using Luma3DS v7.1, it could be because it didn't have chainloader feature to select more than one *.firm in that version. Try taking out GodMode9.firm and see if you can boot SafeB9SInstaller.firm with just that one alone in the luma/payloads folder.

If you can update after that, put back GodMode9.firm (v1.6.3) and continue on with the guide.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nothing. Still open the GodMode9 v1.1.8

If you have it like this and your 3DS is still booting into GodMode9, that means your 3DS isn't reading the SD card correctly. it's using CTRNAND instead of SD card.

Check if you the card is formatted as FAT32 and 32 KB cluster size.

luma_payloads.png

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've double checked that. It's FAT32 and 32 KB cluster size.

Try using different versions of Luma3DS for the boot.firm . Start with v7.1 and work your way up. If none of them will boot into SafeB9SInstaller, you'll need to somehow figure out if the 3DS is communicating with that card.
To tell if your 3DS is reading and writing to the SD card, rename your Nintendo 3DS folder as something else like Nintendo 3DS (A) or remove it. With the card in, turn on the 3DS and wait for some messages to appear on HOME Menu. Check the card again on computer to see if a new Nintendo 3DS folder was made.

SD_root.png

Reactions: AmandaRose

CapNinja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Try using different versions of Luma3DS for the boot.firm . Start with v7.1 and work your way up. If none of them will boot into SafeB9SInstaller, you'll need to somehow figure out if the 3DS is communicating with that card.
To tell if your 3DS is reading and writing to the SD card, rename your Nintendo 3DS folder as something else like Nintendo 3DS (A) or remove it. With the card in, turn on the 3DS and wait for some messages to appear on HOME Menu. Check the card again on computer to see if a new Nintendo 3DS folder was made.
Did the test, the Reading and Writing stuff is ok (3ds created another folder).
Did tried different versions of Luma for the boot.
7.1 open the same screen as if when I turn on with Select pressed
8.1 and 9.0 = GodMode9 Screen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did the test, the Reading and Writing stuff is ok (3ds created another folder).
Did tried different versions of Luma for the boot.
7.1 open the same screen as if when I turn on with Select pressed
8.1 and 9.0 = GodMode9 Screen

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases/tag/v7.1

• boot9strap support (all older entrypoints, including ARM9LoaderHax and menuhax, are no longer supported).
  • Replaced .bin (brahma/a9lh) payload loading with .firm (FIRM format) payloads. This format allows for way more flexibility and is also the only one supported by boot9strap.
  • Holding START when only one payload is present directly boots it.
  • Small LayeredFS fixes.

You did removed GodMode9.firm from the SD card? Luma3DS v7.1 can only boot one *.firm file.

Try putting SafeB9SInstaller.firm in both of these folders: luma/payload and luma/payloads

Maybe that folder name changed with an s in newer versions of Luma.

Edit - Put one in /luma/ folder and another on the root of the SD card.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

CapNinja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
There's only the SafeB9SInstaller.firm on the payloads
Changed the name of the folder and put the file on the root, still GodMode9. There's a mistery, why I can't find another people who had the same problem as me? When I did the hack years ago, I followed the 3ds.guide.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's only the SafeB9SInstaller.firm on the payloads
Changed the name of the folder and put the file on the root, still GodMode9. There's a mistery, why I can't find another people who had the same problem as me? When I did the hack years ago, I followed the 3ds.guide.

Okay, let's good back further. Try Luma3DS v7.0.5 like in this step 1 in that post:
Just maybe, maybe, you still have A9LH?

CapNinja

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I not have the A9LH, but how can I confirm it? And how can I assure I did the transition between A9LH to B9S right (right now I'm uncertain of EVERYTHING)?

Did the step you suggested, turning on with sel open the Luma 7.1 coniguration (and in there, the only option with a "x" is "show NAND or user..."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/owEOnspRpVk?si=rEd1m4Yi0aTKvjiv