How often you complete games at 100%?

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Depends on a game and what you get.

If it's 100% for the proper ending, I'll do it. If 100% involves hundreds of collectables for nothing, then I won't as it's just cheap padding to extend the lenght.

Achivements/trophies, don't really care. Generally won't bother as getting 100% there normally invovles either, collecting random crap or nonsense like use X thing Y times.

RedRedWine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I was younger, and my parents were poorer, I would pretty much beat every game I had to 100%.

Pokemon yellow, i had every pokemon and levelled 100. And one day the battery died, and i felt so sad lol, this also happened to the "pokemon trading card game".

I beat mario kart NDS, all the missions, unlocking the last one where you race the worm creature, and he is so hard.
Also beat Mario 64 for NDS, collected all the stars, unlocked all the levels.

Now, I don't do that, because I can pretty much purchase any game. I try to at least beat it 80%, and sometimes that is difficult without a save hack or cheat lol.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If I get really hooked on a game, and there is not an unreasonable amount of stuff to do (or it's extremely hard) to get 100%, I'll do my best to 100% it. Hasn't happened for many games so far. The most recent one was Evoland 2 which I loved. The last one before that I believe was Fez.
I sort of want to 100% BotW, but there's just too much to do. There's an insane amount of Korok seeds and the sidequests are honestly pretty pointless as they don't give you any good rewards. I did get over 80 shrines completed though, which I consider pretty good.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In theory I would like to say that I complete game to 100% but like a lot of you, that isn't really true.

Most of the time, I just try to "finish" a game's main story. I do side quests as I feel like it but usually I do not go out of my way to do everything unless its pretty easy. But a lot of the time, this leaves a lot to be desired once you finish a game. Take Ocarina of Time. I beat it for the first time not to long ago, just main lining the story, not using a guide. Apparently I am a pretty shitty Zelda player because when I finished the game I had less than the whole top row of hearts (HP), the second biggest wallet, I missed Epona completely, and fought Gannon with a bottle and the broken giant's knife. But after finishing the game, I didn't feel bad about putting it down. I can come back to it anytime and go after the hearts, Epona, and anything else I missed. But for now the game if finished imo.

So to remedy this, I usually pick a certain collection aspect of a game to finish. Take Uncharted for example. There are little trinkets to collect throughout the game. I tandem with finishing the story, I grab all the treasures along the way to feel like I have gotten my money's worth out of a game.

But past that... not many games are really worth my time to go back and squeeze all the extra juice out of a game. I only have about a few games I would say that I have truly completed to the 100% marker. I completed FFTA and Dragon Warrior Monsters, Kirby's Knightmare in Dreamland and a few others. But even that is subjective. Saying you "Completed" pokemon? What does that mean? Beating the main story? Catching every pokemon in that generation? Catching every pokemon available in that specific version? Maxing out the pokedex? Maxing out the pokedex AND leveling everyone to 100?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted +1