Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kylehaas said:
We pay 40$ a month for terrible AT&T DSL. That's the price AFTER the discount for having other services.
We're supposed to get 2mb/s download and 256kb/s upload.
In actuality, I download at a rate of around 150kb/s and upload at around 40kb/s.
According to them, we only have a single-lined DSL cable, rather than a dual line.
They said they were going to fix it 8 years ago, and we've never had an increase in speed.
We lose our connection every time it rains or snows and the only way to reconnect it is by calling AT&T and having them reconnect manually.

It's absolute crap and I hate it. My parents don't want to switch to Insight, because they're afraid it will cost more in the long run.
Currently, we'd be saving around 80$ per month on bills if we switched to Insight. Any advice?
I say switch it. You supposed to get 2mbps but only 150kbps. That's a huge difference. I pay $38 for 6mbps AT&T DSL and get about 4.9mbps.

kylehaas

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:
kylehaas said:
We pay 40$ a month for terrible AT&T DSL. That's the price AFTER the discount for having other services.
We're supposed to get 2mb/s download and 256kb/s upload.
In actuality, I download at a rate of around 150kb/s and upload at around 40kb/s.
According to them, we only have a single-lined DSL cable, rather than a dual line.
They said they were going to fix it 8 years ago, and we've never had an increase in speed.
We lose our connection every time it rains or snows and the only way to reconnect it is by calling AT&T and having them reconnect manually.

It's absolute crap and I hate it. My parents don't want to switch to Insight, because they're afraid it will cost more in the long run.
Currently, we'd be saving around 80$ per month on bills if we switched to Insight. Any advice?
I say switch it. You supposed to get 2mbps but only 150kbps. That's a huge difference. I pay $38 for 6mbps AT&T DSL and get about 4.9mbps.
Yeah. I'd like to.
We're just afraid it'll double in cost in the future...
It's a shame AT&T hasn't been of much help. I've called them more than 50 times, I'm sure.
You'd think they'd have given consideration to fixing the source of the problem.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kylehaas said:
Yeah. I'd like to.
We're just afraid it'll double in cost in the future...
It's a shame AT&T hasn't been of much help. I've called them more than 50 times, I'm sure.
You'd think they'd have given consideration to fixing the source of the problem.
How so? AT&T didn't make me sign up for contract when I order the DSL.

To be honest every ISP is really bad at customer representative, be it Comcast, AT&T, etc.

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
$42.95 a month for 12 Mbps + Powerboost (which actually does make a difference, speeds are usually 18 Mbps).
Comcast Bay Area. First 6 months were $24.95. I think you have to have their T.V. service too.

Boneman said:
Roughly $20 a month , unlimited.
yay.gif

1023461027.png
*hates you*

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1147413137.png

55$ per month, 170gb cap, 12mbps fiber optic connection, all-in-one home networking modedm

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
--in China--
I have the most expensive connection available to consumers (afaik) 189 CNY/month, for 6 mbps uncapped unlimited
thats about 29 USD. I could get 4mbps for half price, but I wanted moar...
the plan includes a free 3G/UMTS mobile phone with a good amount of communications/texts so its decent really.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock