Hacking How many people are on 5.1.0 or lower poll?

How many people are on 5.1.0? Vs people who stayed on 5.0.2 or lower.

Votes: 189 29.1%

Votes: 85 13.1%
  • 4.1.0 or lower

Votes: 375 57.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cencil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm on 5.0.2 but will be updating in a week to 5.1.0 since there's been leaks everywhere saying Fortnite is dropping on the Eshop during E3 for the Switch. Unless you're on 4.1.0 then who cares if you update at this point, autoRCM works wonders.

Trunks2304

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm on 5.0.2 but will be updating in a week to 5.1.0 since there's been leaks everywhere saying Fortnite is dropping on the Eshop during E3 for the Switch. Unless you're on 4.1.0 then who cares if you update at this point, autoRCM works wonders.

Fortnite is coming to switch in a week?? Screw staying on 4.1.0 then can't be missing out on that lmao

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.1, but I'm guessing I'll update eventually for exfat, since the tut to update exfat without updating the whole thing seems a bit convoluted. We'll see.

Seelbreaker

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
2.1.0 - waiting for Atmosphere/Emumand, so that i can install Emulators and stuff in there. The Switch is just gonna replace my PSP for Homebrew, Emulators and everything since i can't use my SNES and other Consoles when i'm somewhere around the world.
On the other hand - Super Mario Odysee is still sealed and Smash, Starlink, DB Fighter Z and Jump Force, Pokemon 2019 will be bought when they release.

Mario Rabbids, Super Bomberman R, Puyo Puyo Tetris (JAP and ENG) and Breath of the wild have been bought already since good games will be bought.

Last edited by Seelbreaker,

ZeGerman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Still got an unopened splatton-bundle. Should be 2.X.0.

Waiting for emunand before doing anything with it. I can wait.

Arithmatics

I'll be holding on to you. ;}
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
4.1, but I'm guessing I'll update eventually for exfat, since the tut to update exfat without updating the whole thing seems a bit convoluted. We'll see.

is there other reasons why you should stay on 4.1.0 or have devs decided to move to 5.x for the warmboot/coldboot?

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is there other reasons why you should stay on 4.1.0 or have devs decided to move to 5.x for the warmboot/coldboot?
Coldboot is probably only going to be 1.0.0 - 3.0.0 (maybe up to 3.0.1) 4.1.0 and below will probably get warmboot via OS but anything above 4.1.0 has been said to not have either warm or cold boot as of now.

Personally, im staying on 4.1.0 until I get a second switch. Then I'm just gonna wipe the boot logs on my current switch and update. I gotta save up before smash bros comes out. That and pokemon... I have mixed feelings with pokemon. For me 4.1.0 was the best fw to play what I wanted at that time. But that view has changed since those games are announced... Its just personal preference when staying low like that

Last edited by Lumince,

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, im staying on 4.1.0 until I get a second switch. Then I'm just gonna wipe the boot logs on my current switch and update. I gotta save up before smash bros comes out. That and pokemon... I have mixed feelings with pokemon. For me 4.1.0 was the best fw to play what I wanted at that time. But that view has changed since those games are announced... Its just personal preference when staying low like that

I left my main console on 4.1.0 for the longest time, but finally updated it last week for Fortnite, Shaq-fu and Hollow Knight which I hadn't played yet but can confirm it's great if you like the Metroidesque genre. I'll be buying any online games legitimately anyway and won't want emuNAND screwing that up in any capacity. I have a 3.0.0 for use with TX when it comes later this week or next and I'll enjoy the other games I have while the scene progresses.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I left my main console on 4.1.0 for the longest time, but finally updated it last week for Fortnite, Shaq-fu and Hollow Knight which I hadn't played yet but can confirm it's great if you like the Metroidesque genre. I'll be buying any online games legitimately anyway and won't want emuNAND screwing that up in any capacity. I have a 3.0.0 for use with TX when it comes later this week or next and I'll enjoy the other games I have while the scene progresses.
Yea see, the games that are out now don't interest me in the slightest. Glad you enjoy them though :) Updating is worth it if you want to play something that you already don't have installed.

I also ordered a SX Pro and I'm saving up to get this 1.0.0 console that someone offered me and I just plan on backing up the nand, and then updating with the method that doesnt burn fuses and keeping it offline forever just to mess around with the SX. I'll just buy games legitimately as well.

Reactions: Maximilious

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1