How many of you bought Pokken Tourney DX?

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by gameboy, Jan 8, 2018.

1. gameboy
    OP

gameboy GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    Ever since Daeken's release of of the firmware 3.0.0 exploit I been noticing something strange. Most copies of this 'golden firmware' game Pokken in my area have been bought out. I noticed that most major retailer in my area would not have the game at all, or, the copy in the display was the last one. I noticed that the game was basically gone by the time black Friday rolled out along with Christmas. Looking at vgchartz only .54mil have sold making me think that this game (with the 3.0 update) was printed in limited quantities suggesting that if this game were to all of a sudden take off in sales that a new revision would roll out.

I'm not not saying its the people waiting for homebrew who have bought them because very very few have a switch below 3.0, I think they are actually just switch owners in general that bought Pokken. When I went shopping today Jan7,2018 I saw the last copy of Pokken at GameStop and quickly snagged it up.

How many of you have bought Pokken then? And for what reason?

2. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I did not, why, cause I have no interest in playing the game. After the demo, it just didn't seem like a fighting game I can enjoy.

sarkwalvein likes this.
  3. Futurdreamz

Futurdreamz GBAtemp Addict

Jun 15, 2014
    Canada
    Shouldn't this be in hacking and homebrew? All of us who do not intend to hack our Switches don't really give a shit about this game.

4. gameboy
    OP

gameboy GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    Yea but are you planning on buying it sometime in the near future?

5. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Maybe, if the price is lowered, nintendo selects $20, perhaps, but still I mean i don't find it fun to play based on the demo i tried. Not only that but limited to 15 uses is probably the first demo i played with such limited play. So far is a arena style fighting game, almost like other namco games like Dragon ball z, naruto ninja storm, and is doesn't seem much uniqueness other than the pokemon characters and two fighting modes the game constantly switches between. I would have it only to have more games for switch but not really to play as a favorite, just one to pull off the shelf when i want to share with someone.:unsure:

6. ItsTheWolf

ItsTheWolf Splatoon 2 Addict

Dec 25, 2016
    Vietnam
    Shouldn't it be easier if you made a poll?
    And no. Unless it has an enjoyable story mode and cheaper price, I'm not interested.

Sonic Angel Knight likes this.
  7. gameboy
    OP

gameboy GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    The last selects I remember was twilight princess, when they did them on a regular basis. I know wiiu had selects... But only when wiiu console owners knew the console was dead, many years later. I doubt they'll make selects for first party games, I haven't seen any sort of discount on first party games yet

8. Anfroid

Anfroid GBAtemp Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Anfroid is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 30, 2011
    United States
    Nah my switch already came with 3.0, still I want to buy the game in the future.

9. gameboy
    OP

gameboy GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    Damn, that's good thinking but my degree of thinking is limited due to old ass hardware issues.

This thread needs to be deleted now LOL

10. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Isn't that every gamer's dream? :P

Nintendo selects hasn't been announced for switch yet, so it may still take some time. I assume in the first line of them will have breath of the wild and mario kart 8 deluxe, maybe arms, and splatoon 2, and pokken tournament DX and super mario odyssey. It may just be $30 instead of $20 (DUE TO THOSE EXPENSIVE CARTS) but even then, Is when I'll buy more switch games. I haven't had interest in those specifically cause

1. $60 ports is unappealing
    2. Game not being overall appealing to me on a more personal level.
    So I have just decided to wait, there plenty of other games that I have I don't mind waiting for to play. Shovel Knight getting another campaign in few months, Mighty gunvolt burst keeps getting DLC characters, Blaster master zero is still fun (especially speedruns) and continues to get surprise updates, Azure striker gunvolt last a long time, sonic mania.... nuff said, and a few others. Is no rush to get those games, though I would like them since I don't have many with online features that I wish to test to see if is actually worth buying for subscription when is finally announced.

11. gameboy
    OP

gameboy GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    i doubt all those games you listed get a price cut within the first three years

12. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    If it gets Nintendo select status, it will definitely get reduce price.

13. isoboy

isoboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 23, 2016
    United States
    I bought it to get my 2.3.0 up to 3.0.0 and this piece of shit game has served its purpose unless I can use it to launch ARCHIVAL CONTENT.

Nezztor likes this.
  14. Lukerz

Lukerz Sloth. That's it.

Apr 24, 2017
    United States
    Maryland
    I bought it to, you know, play. Unlike literally everyone else who bought it for hacking XD

15. THEELEMENTKH

THEELEMENTKH The key to open some doors

May 31, 2016
    Spain
    Searching for myself
    I didn't buy it for the exact same reason as Mario Kart 8 Deluxe: I already own the Wii U version

16. CosmoCortney

CosmoCortney Chemtrail Pilot

Apr 18, 2013
    Germany
    on the cool side of the pillow
    guilty :yay:

17. Thelonewolf88

Thelonewolf88 GBAtemp Fan

Jun 11, 2016
    United States
    Still sitting on 2.0 fw with a sealed Pokken for now.

mech likes this.
  18. mech

mech ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Oct 26, 2014
    Antarctica
    Same for me but 2.2 :)

Thelonewolf88 likes this.
  19. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    I love fighting games. Yet I don't like Pokken. It feels too strange and too lame tbh.
    Tried it on the Wii U only though.

However I'm lucky enough to have a friend who owns it so I used that to update my 2.3.0 Switch to the golden HB firmware without even buying the game.

20. gameboy
    OP

gameboy GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 9, 2015
    United States
    screw nintendo, they just announced paid dlc for pokken dx, as in DELUXE, as in a remaster they charged full price, as in $65, as in same prie as wiiu pokken