Gaming How many of you bought Pokken Tourney DX?

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever since Daeken's release of of the firmware 3.0.0 exploit I been noticing something strange. Most copies of this 'golden firmware' game Pokken in my area have been bought out. I noticed that most major retailer in my area would not have the game at all, or, the copy in the display was the last one. I noticed that the game was basically gone by the time black Friday rolled out along with Christmas. Looking at vgchartz only .54mil have sold making me think that this game (with the 3.0 update) was printed in limited quantities suggesting that if this game were to all of a sudden take off in sales that a new revision would roll out.

I'm not not saying its the people waiting for homebrew who have bought them because very very few have a switch below 3.0, I think they are actually just switch owners in general that bought Pokken. When I went shopping today Jan7,2018 I saw the last copy of Pokken at GameStop and quickly snagged it up.

How many of you have bought Pokken then? And for what reason?

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Shouldn't this be in hacking and homebrew? All of us who do not intend to hack our Switches don't really give a shit about this game.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea but are you planning on buying it sometime in the near future?
Maybe, if the price is lowered, nintendo selects $20, perhaps, but still I mean i don't find it fun to play based on the demo i tried. Not only that but limited to 15 uses is probably the first demo i played with such limited play. So far is a arena style fighting game, almost like other namco games like Dragon ball z, naruto ninja storm, and is doesn't seem much uniqueness other than the pokemon characters and two fighting modes the game constantly switches between. I would have it only to have more games for switch but not really to play as a favorite, just one to pull off the shelf when i want to share with someone.:unsure:

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe, if the price is lowered, nintendo selects $20

The last selects I remember was twilight princess, when they did them on a regular basis. I know wiiu had selects... But only when wiiu console owners knew the console was dead, many years later. I doubt they'll make selects for first party games, I haven't seen any sort of discount on first party games yet

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't it be easier if you made a poll?
And no. Unless it has an enjoyable story mode and cheaper price, I'm not interested.

Damn, that's good thinking but my degree of thinking is limited due to old ass hardware issues.

This thread needs to be deleted now LOL

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shouldn't it be easier if you made a poll?
And no. Unless it has an enjoyable story mode and cheaper price, I'm not interested.
Isn't that every gamer's dream? :P

The last selects I remember was twilight princess, when they did them on a regular basis. I know wiiu had selects... But only when wiiu console owners knew the console was dead, many years later. I doubt they'll make selects for first party games, I haven't seen any sort of discount on first party games yet
Nintendo selects hasn't been announced for switch yet, so it may still take some time. I assume in the first line of them will have breath of the wild and mario kart 8 deluxe, maybe arms, and splatoon 2, and pokken tournament DX and super mario odyssey. It may just be $30 instead of $20 (DUE TO THOSE EXPENSIVE CARTS) but even then, Is when I'll buy more switch games. I haven't had interest in those specifically cause

1. $60 ports is unappealing
  2. Game not being overall appealing to me on a more personal level.
So I have just decided to wait, there plenty of other games that I have I don't mind waiting for to play. Shovel Knight getting another campaign in few months, Mighty gunvolt burst keeps getting DLC characters, Blaster master zero is still fun (especially speedruns) and continues to get surprise updates, Azure striker gunvolt last a long time, sonic mania.... nuff said, and a few others. Is no rush to get those games, though I would like them since I don't have many with online features that I wish to test to see if is actually worth buying for subscription when is finally announced.

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't that every gamer's dream? :P

Nintendo selects hasn't been announced for switch yet, so it may still take some time. I assume in the first line of them will have breath of the wild and mario kart 8 deluxe, maybe arms, and splatoon 2, and pokken tournament DX and super mario odyssey. It may just be $30 instead of $20 (DUE TO THOSE EXPENSIVE CARTS) but even then, Is when I'll buy more switch games. I haven't had interest in those specifically cause

1. $60 ports is unappealing
  2. Game not being overall appealing to me on a more personal level.
So I have just decided to wait, there plenty of other games that I have I don't mind waiting for to play. Shovel Knight getting another campaign in few months, Mighty gunvolt burst keeps getting DLC characters, Blaster master zero is still fun (especially speedruns) and continues to get surprise updates, Azure striker gunvolt last a long time, sonic mania.... nuff said, and a few others. Is no rush to get those games, though I would like them since I don't have many with online features that I wish to test to see if is actually worth buying for subscription when is finally announced.

i doubt all those games you listed get a price cut within the first three years

isoboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought it to get my 2.3.0 up to 3.0.0 and this piece of shit game has served its purpose unless I can use it to launch ARCHIVAL CONTENT.

Reactions: Nezztor

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I love fighting games. Yet I don't like Pokken. It feels too strange and too lame tbh.
Tried it on the Wii U only though.

However I'm lucky enough to have a friend who owns it so I used that to update my 2.3.0 Switch to the golden HB firmware without even buying the game.

gameboy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
screw nintendo, they just announced paid dlc for pokken dx, as in DELUXE, as in a remaster they charged full price, as in $65, as in same prie as wiiu pokken

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still waiting on my damn 1.5tb card
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I could probably add more PS1 games hmmm
    Ken I seen some 2TB cards on Amazon for like 30 bucks you should order one lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    By the time my 1.5 card arrives they'll have 2tb sd
    The company was iScam or something
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sold by xdjfwhwjehsbau 80% feedback?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or jeyjong inc
    I watched a YouTube video the guy bought a couple of them
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just buy used flash storage run drill disk for fun
    They show up as 2TB in windows but really like 128GBs just reporting the space wrong lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fbi open up
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I remember my high-school teacher letting me break old floppy was fun I was like what's the students name ma'am
    Lol I remember in tech school the teacher challenged me to get into his system in class I used Hirens and while he was making a speech about how hacking was not like the movies I told him "I'm in" lol he turned around in absolute shock
    +1
    He thought he had like 20-30 minutes it took me a reboot and deleting the SAM file a reboot and that is it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Should've said hack into the schools internet
    I miss when security was an absolute joke lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah now we gotta actually ask people for wifi passwords
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    frfr
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Lol I've done that. Got around the school's WiFi.
    +1
    You can still crack WiFi it just is more work than it used to be lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Madden 04 is finally worth $2
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Madden 04 is finally worth $2 +1