How many of you actually own a gba

zekro94

Trophies
XP
Country
Had a Gba Sp Tribal edition, had to sell it because I was in a bad spot at the time. I'm planning on buying another one since I'm doing better now. If I want to play my gba games I still have my gameboy macro (a ds lite cut in half)

Reactions: slaphappygamer

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I got the regular one mostly because it was dirt cheap and I heard it was the ideal way to play games on the Game Boy Player. (Why the heck isn't there a cheap knockoff of the digital Hori pad!? I guess you can get one of those raphnet adapters, but even those are still a little expensive.)
Knockoff Horipads definitely exist - RetroBit, Old Skool &c. I just searched for ‘GameCube digital classic controller’ and found several.

Reactions: Kwyjor

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A friend of mine outright gave me his GBA SP! I know several members of the forum consider the DS' library to be superior, but I think the GBA ended up with a great assortment of games.

Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap was a really great entry from Capcom! It may be my #1 recommendation.

• Love
Reactions: hippy dave

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
A friend of mine outright gave me his GBA SP! I know several members of the forum consider the DS' library to be superior, but I think the GBA ended up with a great assortment of games.

Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap was a really great entry from Capcom! It may be my #1 recommendation.
Haven't played Minish Cap yet but am really looking forward to it when I reach that point in my Zelda binge. The 2D Zeldas have the most nostalgia for me, and I really enjoyed the Oracle games which the Capcom team did previously, so should be awesome.

Reactions: Robert Newbie

emmanu888

6 years and still going strong
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Crystal GBA and blue GBA SP.

Really want to mod the GBA with a red shell and an IPS display.
The red shell mostly because my first GBA was the red Zellers exclusive console that came with Mario Kart Super Circuit.

My sister has a red GBA SP, someday we'll refurbish our consoles with new shells and IPS displays since they're the original SP models with the front lit display.

ClipperDefiance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1000044237.jpg

This one is my pride and joy, though I also have another original and three SPs (one being a 101).

• Love

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I lost my childhood gba in a move a couple of years ago, which was a big blow to me, but I still have a gba sp 101 I picked up from a used game store 8 years ago for 20 bucks. I was going to pick up the same model of gba I used to have, but prices are absolutely nutty now, and I have more pressing things I want to buy that isn’t for just pure nostalgia, but hoping one day I’ll find one again for a decent price.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have 2 (OG and SP)
The last time I used the SP was to play Four Swords Adventures in 2 player. Never had much luck emulating that game. Haven't used the OG in even longer but it was my childhood GBA, I'm never getting rid of that. Going to install a screen mod eventually, haven't decided if I'll mod the GBC or the GBA first. I might do the GBC first cause I have more nostalgia for it, but I really prefer the GBA form factor.
I want to get an Analogue Pocket which would be a suitable alternative to all of them. But on the other hand it doesn't have the degree of customizability, it only comes in black and white and they both look meh. I loved building 2 custom DMG Game Boys and I want to do the same with the GBC and GBA. I'm more attached to the DMGs, despite never owning a DMG as a kid, thanks to building them myself (and they just look cool) and I'm worried if I got an Analogue Pocket since I have no attachment to it it would not end up being used much.
I’ve had a few. Bulba is my recent one.
That's Venusaur.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Deeze nuts