How many files do you have? (Total)

Mama Looigi

If you read this, I'm now your mother
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
What’s the total amount of files you have on your PC?
Here’s my total for my... paid stuff drive on the left, and my main drive on the right.
E4BCD2B4-C16D-41A0-A950-79F0DE8392BE.jpeg

I found that the easiest way to check on Windows is to go to the drive’s primary directly, highlight all folders, right click and then go to properties (it’ll take awhile to count them all)
For Linux... I don’t know- my Linux stuff killed itself and I haven’t bothered to fix it yet. So I haven’t had time to experiment.

Keep in mind that the majority of the files in your total are ones you’re not going to interact with for the rest of your life- I’m just curious >:3

He’s smarter than I am

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Windirstat is a much better way to view this, if you really wanted to for whatever reason.

Anyways, only 1,105,834 for me on my gaming desktop. My Pi server has some 150k across 4TBs (mostly videos and such on there), and my server server probably has like 750k across all my VMs but I cba to look.
Screenshot_1.png

Only 4TB left of the 12TB or so I have after I did some spring cleaning, getting rid of a lot of dupes and stuff. Need moar storage ;O;

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On my desktop:
upload_2021-2-16_20-38-34.png

On my NAS:

Code:
root@freenas[/]# find . -type f | wc -l
root@freenas[/]# zpool list
NAME           SIZE  ALLOC   FREE  CKPOINT  EXPANDSZ   FRAG    CAP  DEDUP    HEALTH  ALTROOT
bigdata         58T  38.1T  19.9T        -         -     0%    65%  1.00x    ONLINE  /mnt
freenas-boot   222G  8.73G   213G        -         -     0%     3%  1.00x    ONLINE  -
root@freenas[/]#

I think the NAS one is accurate? Kind of?

Last edited by Sicklyboy,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up