Homebrew Question How long does it take to make a complete Switch Nand backup?

nWo

The Game Master
OP
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, just a quick question. I use the Hekate CTCaer mod, and I'm going to make a full backup but, between job and travel my time is a bit rushed.

I just want to have an estimated time, to be safe and don't disturb the console nor let it discharge in the process. I know it takes at least 30gb of space. The SD card is Adata exfat 64gb, and I'm on 4.1 .

Thanks in advance.

OblivionReign

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Well, just a quick question. I use the Hekate CTCaer mod, and I'm going to make a full backup but, between job and travel my time is a bit rushed.

I just want to have an estimated time, to be safe and don't disturb the console nor let it discharge in the process. I know it takes at least 30gb of space. The SD card is Adata exfat 64gb, and I'm on 4.1 .

Thanks in advance.
On my 64gb exfat took 17 minutes.

xy-maps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It took me about 15-20min...
And then again about 15min to copy the files from SD Card to computer.
Edit: All done on a 32Gb sd card
Is it possible to do a complete raw dump on a fresh 32GB card? I thought this is a block copy which uses the full 32gb of the emmc (and Hekate took some space on the card too)

drkalle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it depends on how many games you have installed on your switch.
When you have no games on the internal memory it tooks about 10 minutes to dump (100mb/s Sandisk 128Gb)

Reactions: thorasgar and nWo

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's taking forever to backup my NAND, I forgot about the games I have downloaded.

Last edited by elm,

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it depends on how many games you have installed on your switch.
When you have no games on the internal memory it tooks about 10 minutes to dump (100mb/s Sandisk 128Gb)
Same here, same card. My 3rd Switch was virgin fresh out of the box 4.1 when I ran the backup, I didn’t time it but don’t think it was more than 20 minutes.
It's taking forever to backup my NAND, I forgot about the games I have downloaded.
I rember my Wii took forever, I just went to bed.

Reactions: elm and nWo

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I completely formated my Switch. It's taking a while to backup the Nand. About 30 minutes, and its 16% on the green progress bar. It's verifying, maybe? I'm positive the copy was already made.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo