Hacking How long does a 850 and 1800 mAH battery last?

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I just bought a DS and DS Lite 3rd party battery and I just want to know how long till they lasted?

I have a Blue Loong 1800 mAH DS Lite battery and the other one is unknown 850 mAH

I dont have all day to see them personally but if I set them one at a day for 5 hours, it'll be a waiting game.

Any experiences for 3rd party battery?

Regards,
Chris

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking for getting a 1800mAH, but aren't 3rd party batteries supposed to be... well, crappy?

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ShatteredScreens said:
I was thinking for getting a 1800mAH, but aren't 3rd party batteries supposed to be... well, crappy?

They are, which is really disappointing in way. There are a few types which are significantly worse (i.e they turn the battery light to red after minute) than others but they all fall short of the real thing.

Kuschel-Drow

Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm still using the original DSL battery pack, and it does work fine so far, only if you're using a M3 flashcart the battery LED turns into red about one hour before the DSL would shout down because of its lack of energy... That's a bit disturbing, but otherwise... ^^

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Im now charging the Original DS 3rd party battery and it's charging in 3 hours instead of 4 hours. I'll timed it tomorrow when I get up. I'll post he result. For my DS Lite, It might be next week as Im still fine with the original DS Lite battery.

Regards,
Chris

EDIT: It seems it's a 2 hour charge since I plugged it at roughly 5pm and it's now 7pm here in the Philippines. I'll start to count tomorrow for how long does a 3rd party lasts. I extended its charging as it's my initial charging for the battery

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
The 850 mAH Original Battery was opened at 8:45am and I'm now getting a red light at 11:22am. It's only 3 hours and get a red light. Im using a genuine Pokemon Platinum retail cart. it seems I dont trust 3rd party. Should I return the battery and get a refund or is that what 3rd party battery are, super crappy?

I'll test the DS Lite 1800 mAH battery tomorrow as I dont have all day

I'll edit this post when I get a full result on the DS battery

Regards,
Chris

EDIT: It officially died at 11:30am. calculating at almost 3 hours.

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thats what 3rd party batteries are like so its up to you how you want to follow up with it, personally i'd probably just cut my loses if it only cost me a £, as I said there are worse out there.

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
I got a one week warranty and it's only Php300 or US$6.40. I just bought this 2 days ago. Im not surprise that it's only 3 hours as it's a 850mAH. I'm more worried about the 1800 mAH DS Lite Battery. I heard there are fakes that are 1800mah that are actually less than 1000mah. I bought this in stores and I know most fakes are in stores just like the fake R4s Ive seen in stores. I shouldve bought these batteries from RocksoftOnline as they're more reliable.

I'll report back for the Blue Loong 1800 mah DS Lite battery using max light settings.

~Chris

EDIT: Is there anyway to determine the actual mah of a DS battery?

Chris_Skylock

OP
Trophies
Website
www.friendster.com
XP
Country
Im just testing Blue Loong 1800mah DS Lite 3rd party battery and Im getting a red light at 1 hour 30 minutes under the brightest setting. might go for 2 hours and 30 minutes if my calculations are correct.

Estimated Genuine Battery are 5-8 hours under max bright settings.

What a lousy battery. It's a 1800mah battery and I thought it's much longer than the genuine ones

~Chris

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4bghROl7Rc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1