• Start date
  • Views 6,838
  • Replies 59

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Its not a bad game, my only complaint is that battles seem to last forever and enemies have a lot of health compared to the damage you can deal and you have no way of telling how much they have left
you are supposed to use the boost system you know? and as for the hp, there is a skill you can use.

D

Deleted User

OP
you are supposed to use the boost system you know? and as for the hp, there is a skill you can use.
I still only deal like 40 damage a hit with the boost system..even when taking advantage of weakness'

ken28

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I still only deal like 40 damage a hit with the boost system..even when taking advantage of weakness'
get ~3 boost points and then hit the weakness of the enemey -> now boost and use the same weeakness again. if its physical you will get ~4 hits and if its magic you will get around 3-4 timey amount of dmg while still paying only for one attack. This applies to healing too

Jay Boy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I bought a Switch for BOTW and Octopath Traveler. I really like the aesthetic, and the battle as well as the class system can get pretty deep once you get further in. The individual stories so far (Chapter 3 with second character) are for the most part good.

XC-3730C

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game and Bloodstained Curse of the Moon is the reason why I got so interested in getting a Switch. The system is shaping up to be sort of a modern day SNES with so many retro style games.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its not a bad game, my only complaint is that battles seem to last forever and enemies have a lot of health compared to the damage you can deal and you have no way of telling how much they have left
Man, you have obviously not played Xenoblade Chronicles 2, where every random mob has ten gazillion HP and menus and battle system couldn't get more complicated no matter how hard they tried
Regarding HP - there's a character (Cyrus) who gains that ability to identify enemies including HP.

Reactions: ByteBite

QRC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It was annoying to complete 8 stories (chapter 1) till you get all your party members.
It's done cheap, they are placed in towns and you have to rush from town to town, it's not connected to a story line to meet you other members.
Maybe you can play on story after another without collecting your party but this would make combat boring.

When you got them, you can focus on one storyline of one character and do the rest later.

The combat lockdown mechanics are easily turned into your favor, you stun enemies and finish them off. But they give you tons of options how to do it.
Combat mechanic are basically a ripoff from the Persona games. Spot an enemies weakness, use skills to stun then finish em off.
The only difference between Persona and Octopath is the shield system, you have to hit a enemies weakness multiple times till you stun, in Persona it stuns on the first hit.
Nothing new but also not wide spread, Octopath and Persona...haven't seen other games using those mechanics.

This kind of combat is not a challange for me but I'm the hardcore player who is bored in Persona5 playing on Merciless, even in the first run.
Others complain it's too difficult...but not me.

But you can make it challenging from time to time when you enter caves which have a higher lvl rating than your party.

Final thoughts:
Good game but it could have been made better. Like game difficulties, connected story lines etc.

Last edited by QRC,

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only thing I would complain about is the experience system, unused characters don't level along (which is of course sold as "that's the way it was with jrpg in 16bit Era), meaning that everytime you start another side quest with a char you normally don't use, he's heaps behind and you need to grind to level him... Or just use edizon and edit his stats, which is what I am doing because I can't be bothered to mindlessly grind for hours.
It would have been fine if there was some kind of scaling system, that lower chars get a percentage more XP so they catch up faster.

QRC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It's not that much of a grind. When a lvl1 joins your lvl50 party he will rank up very fast due to massive exp.
If they did the experience / lvl curve right, it should only stay 1-2 lvls behind, which is not that much of an impact.

On the other hand, you can have two parties. Dunno if I can swap the main character?

QRC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Then they messed up if you cant swap the whole party. Acutally, there is no real main character anyway, they are all main.

Dmafra

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Now I finish the first chapter of the eight characters and seems that tressa and Cyrus main story cross at chapter 2

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The game can be complex learn the combat system and the order on top of the screen allow you to do amazing damage.
The thing you should look out for is how to break enemies as soon as that happens start bringing in the heavy hitters go nuts ....

Once you have some levels sometimes farming is good preferably with mobs you can kill single round.

All in all it is a very good experience been playing almost for a week now.

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
It sounds like this playable 8 characters was done wrong from a storytelling perspective.

They should have instead just started the game mid-conversation or combat with all 8 of them, then they sit down and re-call/re-tell each other's backstories, maybe split over 2 chapters at decent times within the story rather than give this illusion of choice to us. gamers are too smart these days .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.