Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
I want to mod my Wii, but I have no idea what I need to do.

I read the sticky and I didn't see anything for PAL Wii's (aside from Indiana Pwns, but I don't have Lego Indy).

I do own Twilight Princess however, but I hear that that method has been rendered useless.

Oh, and another point, I had to send my Wii in for repairs once in July this year, something about the drive having to be replaced.

Any help?

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When you sent you wii in for repair they probably replaced for drive with a d3-2 drive which is incapable of reading dvdr's. so for playing backups you are going to be limited to usb/sd loading. same for video playback. to soft mod on 4.3 you have two options. both will require a retail game. it's either indiana pwns, or you will need yu-gi-oh 5d. the twilight hack is long dead. best bet is to either rent one of these games or purchase the game and return it when your done. check your local retailers return policy if you decide on the later option.

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unfortunatly the only exploits that are working on PAL Wiis at the moment are Indiana Pwns for Lego Indiana Jones 1 and an exploit in development for Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's: Wheelie Breakers. So if you want to softmod your Wii and have the most recent System Menu 4.3 (which is very likely since Nintendo updates Wiis they are repairing as far as I know) you'll need to buy or borrow/rent one of the 2 games. Indiana Jones is recommended because the Yu-Gi-Oh is still in development and does not work reliable as far as I know.
Oh and by the way, because your disc drive was replaced you will not be able to play burned copies of games, so you can only play Backups from USB HDD/Flashstick, so you'll need something of that to play Images.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
smash_brew said:
When you sent you wii in for repair they probably replaced for drive with a d3-2 drive which is incapable of reading dvdr's. so for playing backups you are going to be limited to usb/sd loading. same for video playback. to soft mod on 4.3 you have two options. both will require a retail game. it's either indiana pwns, or you will need yu-gi-oh 5d. the twilight hack is long dead. best bet is to either rent one of these games or purchase the game and return it when your done. check your local retailers return policy if you decide on the later option.
Damn. I planned to use a backup loader, not burn my games.

So I can only use Indy or 5D's...

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yup. those are the only 2 options right now for softmodding a pal 4.3 wii. if you still had the original dvd drive in your wii you could have installed a mod chip and just burned a copy of either one but with the d3-2 drive getting an original is your only hope. probably cheaper and easier to just rent it anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: that would be crazy