Hacking How exactly do you brick your Wii?

sh1nebl1nd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you can brick it by soldering wrong... But I have seen people claim that you can brick it trying to get SSBB to work. Can anybody explain?

Also: Can somebody explain the NTSC/PAL thing? I understand that they are basically two different region Wiis, I'd be happy if somebody explained what they are all about and how I know which I have.

Thanks.

dreadbread

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can brick your Wii if you update your Wii from a game of different region. since the current SSBB out there is Japanese, updating it in your NTSC-U or PAL Wii might risk to brick it. but it will not always brick Wiis. some are semi-bricks where you can still use your Wii but you will have disabled settings channel and sometimes you will get duplicate news and weather channels.

about NTSC/Pal thing: search them in Google or in Wikipedia.

sh1nebl1nd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can brick your Wii if you update your Wii from a game of different region. since the current SSBB out there is Japanese, updating it in your NTSC-U or PAL Wii might risk to brick it. but it will not always brick Wiis. some are semi-bricks where you can still use your Wii but you will have disabled settings channel and sometimes you will get duplicate news and weather channels.

about NTSC/Pal thing: search them in Google or in Wikipedia.
So basically trying to play SSBB is risking your Wii? I might think twice about buying a modchip...

And these effects are irreversible right?

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
No. The update from SSBB will NOT semibrick or brick your Wii, it will only give you two more News and Weather channels which do nothing at all.

dreadbread

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just gave you the reason why some people claim that you can brick your Wii with SSBB and you asked how can you brick your Wii. that doesnt necessarily mean you risk your Wii bricking with SSBB. before its risky, but now people have tested it and made proof of it that it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: get a used series X?