How do you rate GBAtemp

How do you rate GBAtemp ?

• Total voters
D

Deleted User

7/10, old meme is old

I think it helped that back then all of the communities were broken apart into their own little communities. So if you expected M3 help, you had an entire M3 section for it.
What were the questions like? Were they more pertaining to Cards themselves, or more towards the Homebrew that ran on them?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
What were the questions like? Were they more pertaining to Cards themselves, or more towards the Homebrew that ran on them?
90% questions about ROM compatibility, 10% other

Reactions: EthanAddict

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Pretty bad these days.

3DS section and Wii U section are just awful. People prefer to insult people and make "witty" posts for likes rather than actually help. That's if topics aren't being derailed because someone dares to not use the latest and greatest method or because users have an axe to grind over something.

I doubt I would bother to sign up for help now with the way people behave.

It's ridiculous, people managed to act civilised even when we had a relativly large investment in whatever method you had (gba cards costing £100+), so you'd think people would be more defensive of thier choice, but nope, generally helpful. Most stuff is free these days and people act like animals.
Feel free to message me if you want 3DS help, but you don't want to post a question publicly.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: The Catboy

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It's my Facebook. I browse it all day and engage in conversation, every time I'm bored I check the recent posts, and I'm always on the Discord/IRC.
I actually like the 3DS/Wii U sections despite all the shitposting, it's where I feel I have the most to contribute and I always try to help out when someone is having issues.

Reactions: Quantumcat

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I hate it. Fuck you all!

:rolleyes: although it's changed a lot and so many friends and familiar faces have come and gone, GBAtemp is still very important to me ever since I found it 15 years ago; through to when KiVan handed over the reigns; right up to the present day.

It's been difficult sometimes and hard to stay motivated for sure but I don't think I'll be leaving any time soon.

It's our 15th anniversary this year and we have some exciting things to share with you all so stick around!

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
I was a lurker before I even considered joining, glad I did, a lot of awesome people on here and overall the community is actually a nice one, unlike other forums out there.

Last edited by vinstage,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
It's my Facebook. I browse it all day and engage in conversation, every time I'm bored I check the recent posts, and I'm always on the Discord/IRC.
I actually like the 3DS/Wii U sections despite all the shitposting, it's where I feel I have the most to contribute and I always try to help out when someone is having issues.
Same here (except I've never really used Discord)

D

Deleted User

Love the site, im actually sad that i didnt register earlier xD The site has its ups and downs but the community is and always be awesome :wub:

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Pretty bad these days.

3DS section and Wii U section are just awful. People prefer to insult people and make "witty" posts for likes rather than actually help. That's if topics aren't being derailed because someone dares to not use the latest and greatest method or because users have an axe to grind over something.

I doubt I would bother to sign up for help now with the way people behave.

It's ridiculous, people managed to act civilised even when we had a relativly large investment in whatever method you had (gba cards costing £100+), so you'd think people would be more defensive of thier choice, but nope, generally helpful. Most stuff is free these days and people act like animals.
Don't hesitate to PM me if you need help. I always try my best to help out the most I can.

D

Deleted User

Its alright. Not as good as some communities I've been into but the fact I've came back here a few times now must mean this is an alright place to be. ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up