Merry Christmas GBATemp! What notable gifts did you receive?

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
6p8v09omcj8c1.jpg

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:sad: Having NO one I got nothing, nada, Zilch :cry: [awaits people to say I'm a loser] To which I say: "I am. So.."

But, I'll take it as it is. I have Life, Liberty and the pursuit of my OWN Happiness. :hrth::toot::grog::D:grog::toot::hrth:

SMEH.jpg

Last edited by AncientBoi,

Deleted member 591971

Trophies
XP
i got nothing. but i did buy a ps3 for super cheap without controller so i guess that counts. i guess you could count that my cousin gave me my copy of sonic 06 back but that is more of a insult than anything (sonic 06 is the worst game ever). honestly im happy with what i have (doesnt mean im rich, want proof? i dont have a modern tv, i only have a crt tv daewoo from like 1996).

Junkyness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hey GBATemp fam! Merry Christmas! Doing great this season. Scored Tears of the Kingdom and this dope phone-fitting controller. What about y'all? Any standout gifts? 🎄🎁

Reactions: hippy dave

James_

aka Underscore_ or 'that Meowstic guy'
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guess I'm a bit late to the party, but might as well share the main stuff I got for Christmas and what I got with my Christmas money:

I got a ton of chocolate and sweets again. I ate them all over the course of a week, which was surprising given I was expecting to eat them all by Boxing Day lol.

My older brother got me the hardcover deluxe edition of the Sonic 30th Anniversary comics by IDW which is pretty cool.

IMG20240102203429.jpg

My parents let me customize an XBOX controller on the Design Lab a few weeks head of Christmas, as I asked for a new one (due to my old 8BitDo controller having a stuck trigger ever since I bought it). I themed it after the XBOX 360 controller in white and this was the result:

IMG20240102204629.jpg

I think it looks pretty nice.

I got quite a fair bit of Christmas money (about £70 in total, you can see the remaining amount in the controller pic above) so I went down to town a few days after Christmas. This is what I decided to get from the local tech store: a used 1st gen (2012) iPad mini.

IMG20240102205540.jpg

Why? Mainly because I wanted to jailbreak it and sideload some prototypes from the TestFlight terascrape that happened a short while ago. But also to see if I could actually use it 12 years after it was made. It's actually not bad, but the App Store barely has any apps that support iOS 9 anymore, so I'll have to find a lot of old versions of apps to sideload onto it. (Discord surprisingly works on it, but with a tweak for a version of it made in like... 2017?)

I originally intended to get a 2GB mSD card from the tech store as well to revive my old R4 card, but unfortunately they didn't have any.

The rest of the stuff I got was mainly just new clothes and things that wouldn't be very interesting to share. So I'll end the post here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol