ROM Hack How do you patch Jump Ultimate Stars?

Wabajasaboo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knowing how to patch any game would be helpful information but in this case my main focus is Jump Ultimate Stars. I know that one of the members on this site worked on a patch, which I have downloaded, the only problem is I have no idea how to apply the patch. I have an eMac so I assume that I would have to use terminal but I don't really know how, and the information on the translation homepage looks like what I might need to do but I don't understand the programming terms. Any help is very much appreciated.

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I play Jump US and got the patch from this same website. It is really easy.

1. Download the Jump US rom and make sure it is untrimmed. There are programs called Rom Trimmers that come with most flashcarts like Cyclo, SCDS, R4, etc. These trim down the roms making them take up less space on your card. Make sure one of these programs isn't running on your computer while you are downloading, and you be sure to have an untrimmed rom.

2. Download the patch from this website.

3. Once you have it saved on your desktop, drag the rom onto the patch and it will produce a patched rom.

4. Place the patched rom onto your flascart and enjoy!

Wabajasaboo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SleepingDragon said:
3. Once you have it saved on your desktop, drag the rom onto the patch and it will produce a patched rom.

4. Place the patched rom onto your flascart and enjoy!

On my computer I can drag the rom to the patch but no icon comes up showing I am adding it to the patch (It is typically a plus sign for a mac) and as a result I cannot produce a patch rom.

Edit: Should I be trying to put the .nds rom with the patch or the .rar file with it?

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yikes, not exactly sure what to do about that, I've never used my mac for any rom-related activities. Not sure how to handle that. Hopefully, someone else might have an idea or two.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
mac?
get windows.

the JUS patch needs a patcher that's only available for windows at the moment.
so unless you can get a windows emulator/virtual machine running you need someone on a windows computer to patch for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye tempBOT: @ The Real Jdbye farts behind the fan