How do you get rid of your unwanted thoughts?

User200

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
suicide always works and you'll never hear anything again

rofl2.gif

Let's not suggest ways that involve dieing, now should we?
-----
Play teh Video Games! That always works for me.

~Nero

Alright, i get it, we don't want another My Space Suicide page again. My other suggestion Drink... A LOT. If you're passed out you won't here a thing( or feel the warm water on your finger if you catch my drift
wacko.gif
)

betawind

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Meditation. Does wonders for me. It doesn't always put the thought out of my mind (as you pretty much let the mind do what it wants and act as an observer) but it can help to put the feeling in the proper perspective.

notnarb

Not narbing it up
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
things that dangle...?
unsure.gif
Sir, what by chance have you been looking at?.......

You spin me right round baby right round like a record baby right round round round

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country
I agree with Ace. What I do is think about it till I figure it out. You might think its similar to being paranoid, but once you have found a solution or have understood the situation, the thought just goes away, or you don't feel bad about it. The problem is, sometimes it's pretty hard, and you can go on for days.. which can wear you down. But I think it's the way to go, ignoring things don't make them go away.

moozxy

hamboning
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
QUOTE said:
I know it happened for you, too.
How do you get rid of thought you dont want to think about? Like actions, people, incidents that makes you sad or anyway, you dont want to think about it and its eating your brain.

Do you know how to get rid of them? and focus?
unsure.gif

I had horible thoughts eating my brain about some "private service" that steal my nds , how do I ended that houghts I had to produce some positive thoughts and do something that I wont write here (but it worked perfectly for that unpleasent thoughts
laugh.gif
). (It ryhmes with relacsation
laugh.gif
)

Purple

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Amost everything said so far has some validity except of course killing yourself - don't do that.. in some beliefs that would not end your torment anyway.

It's true that to get over it fully you need will to get to the point where you can think past the disturbing thoughts to something more positive.

It can be hard to see but almost everything that happens leads the way to something better happening eventually.

If it has been going on for a while and you're feeling worn out then finding something to distract you for a while can help you to relax and maybe get to sleep if you've been kept awake by this. then you can go back to your thoughts next day with a fresh mind.

If it still continues on then you should find someone to talk to about it, a trusted friend, a relative, or an almost/total stranger that doesn't know anybody involved which ever seems appropriate for the situation. If you are not keen on that idea then you could write the thoughts on paper then burn it first to see if that helps.

Take care.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Events: usually go through all the various scenarios I can think of, by the time it hits standing in the bank: hot dog on a stick massacre version I am usually well past what was bothering me.
If possible physical activity works but it is usually unwise to aim to break any personal records at such a time.

Science/technology type ideas: pen, back of envelope or better yet circular saw in one hand and welder/blowtorch/hammer in other and a massive lump of metal/wood available to make something with.

People actually in front of you: If you never have to see/work with them again it is usually a toss up between direct insult/belittling and insult under the guise of ordinary conversation/compliment depending on the possible outcomes. For those it

Failing that bluebright's suggestion: Tom Waits or something guitar driven works for me although it can take some time.

As for how to focus:
Have a drink (non narcotic) and a piece of fruit (oranges and grapes are my favourite here although something high in sugar can do in a pinch): I find most people are not hydrated well enough a lot of the time.

Close eyes, send them out of focus or look at your shoes/something unmoving.

Stretch/warm up and or hit pressure points. Devise your own: arms, hands and points around shoulders are ones I go for and maybe a stair set or three for the legs.

Have a bath/shower: cold is nice here for me.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Meditation works really well, but a lot of people don't like it for various reasons. I didn't like it because I thought it was slow and had religious overtones. Both of that is nonsense, come to think of it. You just have to do it correctly plus meditation is just another name of so many other things you do to ease your mind on things that are insignificant in respect to the entire world.

one more thing: I figure... Acknowledge your past event(s), Learn from it, Carry on. Don't consider time as a factor when you're doing this or you will stay in one place longer than needed..

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
Or play "lets yoga" on nds there are lots of relaxating exercises there that give piece of mind (but I never try any cose Im too lazy).

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I know it happened for you, too.
How do you get rid of thought you dont want to think about? Like actions, people, incidents that makes you sad or anyway, you dont want to think about it and its eating your brain.

Do you know how to get rid of them? and focus?Â
unsure.gif

masturbation.

PeterFile

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, alcohol isn't a good idea. What I find helps is doing some exercise, or playing a video game; I played counter strike alot when i needed to forget things for a while. Also, I play piano, and that helps too.

Skye07

Trophies
Website
www.skyon.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I hate it when I keep thinking of a person I like or events when I don't want to, like when I had to learn for my finals I couldn't concentrate on learning at all >.<

But my solution to it is just talk about it with friends and music tends to be a good thing too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Maybe KI Gold will have the same problems but overall everything else should run fine