Hacking How do you "accidentallly" update your Wii?

Richy Freeway

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
First you either get a message from Nintendo, or manually search for an update, then you have to confirm you want the update.

I keep seeing people say they've "accidentally" updated to the latest version. Seeing as how you have to physically point the Wiimote at the buttons, I can't see how this is possible!

Richy Freeway

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Urrrm, but even with Wiiconnect24 you still have to agree to the update. It's not like it sneakily does it while you're not looking.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I keep seeing people say they've "accidentally" updated to the latest version. Seeing as how you have to physically point the Wiimote at the buttons, I can't see how this is possible!
TRUE, it annoys the hell out of me!
QUOTEwiiconnect24
Shut up Man! WiiConnect24 cant update your wii, thats against Nintendo's Rights, you are PROMPTED with a update, dont care what they say, its either accept or decline!!
Wiiconnect24 is bollox it cannot do it for you* All it can do is recieve the prompt message from Nintendo, ok?
How thick. Richy is right!

Lol, you cannot accidently update your wii lol, these people BLAME it on their kids etc, full of sh*t!

I updated to 3.3new to check it out, and i posted the affects, and then re downgraded back to sexy 3.2 where im most likely always going to stay with my modded wii
smile.gif

People just cannot take responsibilty for their stupidity, ohh there's an update, hey lets do it.......oh F**k what have i done,

Post >> I accidently let me daughter or sons play with the wii, i think they must of done the update lol. HAHAHA
Then its a case of grovoling, HELP i need to sort my Sh*t out!

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm just speculating here, but can't it be a difference between the US and EU? I've understood it from a whole lot of sources that some get their US Wiis autoupdated over WiiConnect24 whereas this probably would be illegal here in the EU.

Any American with auto update experience, speak up please.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
US Wiis autoupdated over WiiConnect24 whereas this probably would be illegal here in the EU.
No, its the same cannot be automaticly updated, and if was different for American users, why wouldn't they take off their wiiconnect24 when they know updates are available once every 3 months. etc. and the possible affects of it*

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
every wii is prompted if we want to install a update and does not matter if WiiConnect24 is on or not.
Exactly, i knew fine well it was the same for all regions!
Yet these people try to point the blame at wiiconnet24, pahhhh lol
Or worse still blame their siblings. Goodgrief dear oh dear hahaha

"People just cant take responsibility for what they've done...!
Enough of who i am!"

blakepender

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry if this sounds n00bish

But I am going to be sending my Wii to Ninty due to the fact Brawl is not reading again.

Will they update my machine, or will it be my choice?

Confuzzled Blake

pnice

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have Wiiconnect24 running on my Wii and I'm in the US. When there is a new update it comes in the form of a message with a link to click on to update. If you don't click on the link it won't update. Even if you click on the link it tells you that it might remove any altered save files if you update.

Does it ask before it does the update if you play a game that requires a system version greater than the one you have on your Wii? I thought I still had to click OK but I can't remember 100%.

trancepara

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pnice said:
I have Wiiconnect24 running on my Wii and I'm in the US. When there is a new update it comes in the form of a message with a link to click on to update. If you don't click on the link it won't update. Even if you click on the link it tells you that it might remove any altered save files if you update.

Does it ask before it does the update if you play a game that requires a system version greater than the one you have on your Wii? I thought I still had to click OK but I can't remember 100%.

It'll still ask.

imaginey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Richy Freeway said:
First you either get a message from Nintendo, or manually search for an update, then you have to confirm you want the update.

Easy, you just don't realise that there's a new update out. But, I hear you cry, the fact that it's telling you there's an update means it's new! And yes, you'd be right. Imagine this situation though: You have a fully updated 3.3 Wii (pre-23rd) which gets sent back for repair, returning as a replaced 2.2 machine on the 23rd. Up until the evening of Wednesday 22nd you've been scanning the 'net and there's never any hint of an update, then you're out all day Thursday with no 'net access. Upon returning home, you switch on, go to redownload all your missing purchases from the shop post-repair but you can't 'til you update - fair enough, it's only 2.2 and you know that 3.3 (pre-23rd) is out and fully working with HBC, so you update. And then, your heart breaks when you find out you can't install HBC beta 8 because it's an updated 3.3 that got installed.

Guess what happened to me
wink.gif
Still, it's pretty unlikely that's been the case in all these "accidents" and I did still have the opportunity to check it out on the 'net before I did it, so there's no excuse even if it is monumentally bad luck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?