How do I update Pokémon X here?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Heran Bago, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Heran Bago
    OP

Heran Bago Where do puyo come from?

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    Sysnand on 9.0. Emunand on 9.5. Retail Pokemon X cart.

I want to install the update for Pokémon X and continue my save game. I can't do this on 9.0 sysnand because I'd have to update the firmware version. I can't do this on 9.5 emunand because it doesn't recognize my retail cart.

So am I just screwed? I imagine I could dump my cart and its save with the gateway loader then somehow use the save for the ROM I made but I don't know how to do this. I'm sure this has been answered before but a quick search is getting me mixed answers that aren't very concise. Any helpful links, guides, tools, or advice would be appreciated.

2. Zerousen

Zerousen 【=◈︿◈=】

GBAtemp Patron
    Zerousen is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 30, 2009
    United States
    Is your sysNAND and emuNAND linked? If so, I think you can just find a CIA version of the update and install it on emuNAND, and it should also be there on sysNAND.

3. Kirbs

Kirbs GBAtemp Fan

Jan 12, 2015
    United States
    You can just go to the eshop in emunand and download the update from there.

4. Chrushev

Chrushev GBAtemp Fan

Jul 23, 2013
    Serbia, Republic of
    I am in similar situation.. and my Sysnand and Emunand are NOT linked. How do I get the update?

5. Kirbs

Kirbs GBAtemp Fan

Jan 12, 2015
    United States
    You just have to look for the update in the eshop via emunand and download it. You will only be able to pay the game with the update while in emunand.

6. Heran Bago
    OP

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    No, I unlinked them by formatting my sysnand. So the nandwhich I played Pokemon X on before splitting the two is basically the pre-gateway pre-firmware-update nand that is now my emunand. Ihave not played the game since.

Please read my opening post. In emunand (gateway mode) when I put my Pokémon X cart in it doesn't recognize the cartridge; nothing shows up on the system menu.

7. Adeka

Adeka Beta Tester

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    You need to boot classic mode

8. Kirbs

Kirbs GBAtemp Fan

Jan 12, 2015
    United States
    You can also scan the qr code in the eshop from here: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.../1061/~/how-to-update-pokémon-x-and-pokémon-y

9. Oishikatta

Oishikatta GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 30, 2014
    United States
    You can use classic mode (that is its purpose), but you can also use a different SD card, copy sysnand folders to it, install the update as .cia, copy folders back to other SD card. Then your sysnand will have the update.

10. Heran Bago
    OP

Nov 6, 2005
    United States
    Foggy California
    Thank you so much! This totally works. So that's what classic mode is for. I had just assumed it would boot to sysnand.
    My problem wasn't just with downloading the update, but being able to play the game. If you read my original post, you'll see I noted that the cart itself wasn't being recognized. Thank you for the contribution to this thread though and listing different ways to get the update itself. I hope that Chrushev can also be helped by Kirb's and your contributions.

Ahh. That's clever.