How do I tell if a gamecube iso is shrunken?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by MaGnUmKiLLa, Nov 10, 2009.

Nov 10, 2009
  1. MaGnUmKiLLa
    OP

Member MaGnUmKiLLa GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've got a softmodded wii with gcbackup launcher and the patched mios and I'm wondering if shrunken gamecube iso's will really make that big of a difference? I see in the compatibility list it shows some games don't work if they're shrunken so is there anyway to test and see if my iso's have been shrunk? I can't list where I got my iso's but sometimes they're gcm's and I think those have been shrunken haven't they?

2. razorback78

Member razorback78 GBAtemp Maniac

Philippines
    so far i use multi game disc for gamecube backups and the iso are all shrunken and so far no issues running it off neogamma. how to tell if it is shrunk? not sure 'bout this...

3. tsampiras

Newcomer tsampiras Advanced Member

Greece
    gcm doesnot mean shrunk necessarily (just rename them to .iso if you want to burn them) . If your files aren't 1459978240 bytes then yes they are shrunk
    which means gamecube probably won't play/boot. but you can find some tools to make them full isos again.

*edit*
    I remembered the tool. it was called FSTFIX, a command line tool. read the instructions how to access the options it has