Homebrew How do I run out-of-region .CIAs?

MinerBoy004

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.minerboy004.weebly.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello. I have an A9LH'd 3DS with AuReiNand. I was wondering on how I can run an out-of-region .CIA file because I really want the Japanese version of Flipnote Studio 3D. All of the "region-free" .CIAs won't work. How can I do this?

Trinitro21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you want to pirate Flipnote Studio 3D when you can get it legally for free through My Nintendo? Or do you want the Japanese version specifically?

kabii-sama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you want to pirate Flipnote Studio 3D when you can get it legally for free through My Nintendo? Or do you want the Japanese version specifically?

If I remember correctly, the Japanese version of the app is the only version with any real online functionality. I mean, the NA version I got from Club Nintendo is limited to sharing flipnotes locally, and you can only go online to retrieve flipnotes originally uploaded with the old DSi app. I doubt the version given to My Nintendo members is any different. So if the online actually works with the JP .cia I'd imagine you can view and download the online community's creations.

SANNIC789

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I remember correctly, the Japanese version of the app is the only version with any real online functionality. I mean, the NA version I got from Club Nintendo is limited to sharing flipnotes locally, and you can only go online to retrieve flipnotes originally uploaded with the old DSi app. I doubt the version given to My Nintendo members is any different. So if the online actually works with the JP .cia I'd imagine you can view and download the online community's creations.
but the JP shut down the servers for 3ds as well soo

kabii-sama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but the JP shut down the servers for 3ds as well soo

I haven't been paying much attention to news on the app considering how the online portion of it was nonexistent from the start in the NA version. I guess I'm hardly surprised the servers were shut down if the online service in the JP version was subscription based like I remember hearing. RIP Flipnote... :mellow:

SANNIC789

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been paying much attention to news on the app considering how the online portion of it was nonexistent from the start in the NA version. I guess I'm hardly surprised the servers were shut down if the online service in the JP version was subscription based like I remember hearing. RIP Flipnote... :mellow:
ya it happened in japan to flipnotes the same time swap note shut down

pustal

Yeah! This is happenin'!
Trophies
Website
web.archive.org
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello. I have an A9LH'd 3DS with AuReiNand. I was wondering on how I can run an out-of-region .CIA file because I really want the Japanese version of Flipnote Studio 3D. All of the "region-free" .CIAs won't work. How can I do this?

I had the japanese Flipnote Studio 3D (switched to European now) running on my consoles, both AuReiNand + A9LH. What version of AuReiNand are you using?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up