How Do I Get The Browser To Work

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by shatteredirony, Feb 19, 2008.

Feb 19, 2008
  1. shatteredirony
    OP

Newcomer shatteredirony Member

United Kingdom
    Im thinking its not as simple as sticking the rom on the TTDS card there has to be something else there for it to work

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Yes, you have to have a slot2 expansion cart (Ewin 2in1 or EZ 3in1) for the browser to use for extra memory. Then you have to do one of the following:

1. Use the GBA Loader to patch the slot2 expansion cart (trick the browser into thinking it's a memory cart). Run GBA Loader 1.6 and press L+R then A to patch the expansion cart. The NDS should soft reset back to TTMenu where you can then run the browser (if it doesn't reset back to the menu, you'll need to turn off the NDS manually and immediately turn it back on -- the patch will remain on the slot2 expansion cart -- then run the browser).

2. Use the latest version of YSMenu (a homebrew menu for the TTDS) which automatically patches the expansion cart when you run the browser.

-Bri

3. shatteredirony
    OP

United Kingdom
    Figures nice one bri i appreciate that

4. elgin3

Newcomer elgin3 Member

Philippines
    Do you really need a Slot - 2 Expansion Cart? Can't you just have extra memory on your Slot - 1 Cart?

5. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    No.

6. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    It should be mentioned that there are several homebrew browsers that don't require extra memory expansion. They come in two general flavors, and they are typically much faster than the Opera browser. Some of them render only text and (small) images and are therefore fast but don't support all HTML features. Others rely on a PC to render the HTML and then send the resulting image over the WiFi to the NDS, and therefore do full HTML but require a server running on a PC to operate.

-Bri

7. shatteredirony
    OP

United Kingdom
    too much hard work i might as well just buy the browser if i am that desperate to view the tinternet through a very tiny screen

8. KriX

Newcomer KriX Member

France
    Can't you use a Slot2 linker (let's say G6Lite) as memory expansion ?
    I saw there was a TriForce patch for Opera Browser and G6Lite(M3). I tried it (DSTT+G6Lite) but it fails loading (freeze when I launch the browser)

9. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    You can use the G6 Lite, yes, but I believe you need the G6-specific patch, as the G6 is not the same as the M3. If it fails upon loading, my guess is that it isn't the slot-2 device you're using, as you should be able to at least get to the "please insert slot-2 RAM pack" message without anything in slot-2.