Hacking How Do I Get The Browser To Work

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you have to have a slot2 expansion cart (Ewin 2in1 or EZ 3in1) for the browser to use for extra memory. Then you have to do one of the following:

1. Use the GBA Loader to patch the slot2 expansion cart (trick the browser into thinking it's a memory cart). Run GBA Loader 1.6 and press L+R then A to patch the expansion cart. The NDS should soft reset back to TTMenu where you can then run the browser (if it doesn't reset back to the menu, you'll need to turn off the NDS manually and immediately turn it back on -- the patch will remain on the slot2 expansion cart -- then run the browser).

2. Use the latest version of YSMenu (a homebrew menu for the TTDS) which automatically patches the expansion cart when you run the browser.

-Bri

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It should be mentioned that there are several homebrew browsers that don't require extra memory expansion. They come in two general flavors, and they are typically much faster than the Opera browser. Some of them render only text and (small) images and are therefore fast but don't support all HTML features. Others rely on a PC to render the HTML and then send the resulting image over the WiFi to the NDS, and therefore do full HTML but require a server running on a PC to operate.

-Bri

KriX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Can't you use a Slot2 linker (let's say G6Lite) as memory expansion ?
I saw there was a TriForce patch for Opera Browser and G6Lite(M3). I tried it (DSTT+G6Lite) but it fails loading (freeze when I launch the browser)

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use the G6 Lite, yes, but I believe you need the G6-specific patch, as the G6 is not the same as the M3. If it fails upon loading, my guess is that it isn't the slot-2 device you're using, as you should be able to at least get to the "please insert slot-2 RAM pack" message without anything in slot-2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty you can use a "spawner" function on any object.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or when your player dies, you can say in code, if enemy exists, do nothing, but if enemy does not exist, then create enemy at certain spot. (This would be a pain tho for lots of emeies)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Easiest, simple way would be just restart scene, but player would restart from beginning.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, thx in advance
    +1
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, thx in advance +1