Homebrew Question How do I get PPSSPP to work on my Switch?

iiSharkWolf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.speedrun.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to get it on my friend's switch but I'm not really sure what's wrong with it? I followed the instructions to install the standalone version of it, but when I try to run it from the homebrew menu (I don't start it from the album, don't worry) it just stays a black screen for 10 seconds then gives me the standard switch error that says "The software was closed because an error occurred". Switch is version 11.0.0 if that helps. I'm still somewhat new to the switch homebrew scene, but yeah it's really strange and I'm not sure why it won't open. Also I would prefer to avoid the Retroarch version because from what I've heard the game I'm trying to run doesn't work well on there. Thanks!

iiSharkWolf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.speedrun.com
XP
Country
United States
put in the folder switch
don't need RetroArch

Yes I tried this already but it still didn't work

Hold the R bumper on any game to enable full ram access. That'll load the hbmenu with with full ram and then try loading ppsspp

I know, I've been doing it like that this whole time. Since atmosphere just got an update I'm going to try it on my switch, maybe it'll work on mine, not sure why it's being stubborn on my friend's switch though.

*Edit* it works just fine on my switch, so that's good. Not sure what the deal is with my friend's switch but oh well.

Last edited by iiSharkWolf,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, I've been doing it like that this whole time. Since atmosphere just got an update I'm going to try it on my switch, maybe it'll work on mine, not sure why it's being stubborn on my friend's switch though.

*Edit* it works just fine on my switch, so that's good. Not sure what the deal is with my friend's switch but oh well.
How is the SD card formatted for your friend's Switch? Also what CFW is he using?

Rashed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hey all

i am having similar issue with my switch on 12.1.0.

when i run any game in ppsspp it gives me a black screen showing "An error has occurred. Press power button to restart the nintendo switch".
my sd card is formatted fat32

sith

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
necrobumbed! your acid sigpatches are missing. use aio-switch-updater and grab them, also fyi the standalone ppsspp is much better performance and features(internal res upscale)

Last edited by sith,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: DAYTONAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!