Hacking How do I get newer WiiWare games to work on 3.2 Wii?

butterbutt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't been able to play newer WiiWare games since the HomeBrew hack and I'm wondering what I need to do to get them to work (what ISO files, etc).

Everytime I start a WiiWare game it just kicks me back out to the main menu. Is there a fix I am unaware of? Thanks to those who answer and sorry to those who ridicule me if this is a repeat or common knowledge.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
butterbutt said:
I haven't been able to play newer WiiWare games since the HomeBrew hack and I'm wondering what I need to do to get them to work (what ISO files, etc).

Everytime I start a WiiWare game it just kicks me back out to the main menu. Is there a fix I am unaware of? Thanks to those who answer and sorry to those who ridicule me if this is a repeat or common knowledge.

There can be 3 reasons for this:

- Bad download, download again, preferable from another source

- Other region, make sure you're downloading you're region
PAL = Europe
NTSC-U = America
NTSC-J = Japan

- You don't have an IOS on your Wii that is required.
You should download that IOS as a .wad file and install it on your Wii, and then it will work.
You can check which Wiiware need what IOS if you search around, it's usually in the forums somewhere or in the source where you downloaded the Wiiware's from.

butterbutt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
- You don't have an IOS on your Wii that is required.
You should download that IOS as a .wad file and install it on your Wii, and then it will work.
You can check which Wiiware need what IOS if you search around, it's usually in the forums somewhere or in the source where you downloaded the Wiiware's from.

This seems to be the most likely. However I'd rather not start setting up IOS files willy-nilly before knowing what it is going to do. I have a 3.2U Wii.

Let's say I want to get Onslaught working. What IOS files do I need and how would I make sure they are patched so I can keep using HBC and USBLoader?

butterbutt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fiddlefaddle22 said:
Get IOS 37,38,53 and 55 and most wiiware should work but European and Jap wiiware needs a region fix with freethewads also.

Is there anything I should be aware of when setting these up?

Is there a HB app that will download them from Nintendo's official servers, patch them, then install them on my Wii?

Should I search around for them? And If I find them, do they need to be patched or can I just install them using a Wad installer?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
butterbutt said:
fiddlefaddle22 said:
Get IOS 37,38,53 and 55 and most wiiware should work but European and Jap wiiware needs a region fix with freethewads also.

Is there anything I should be aware of when setting these up?

Is there a HB app that will download them from Nintendo's official servers, patch them, then install them on my Wii?

Should I search around for them? And If I find them, do they need to be patched or can I just install them using a Wad installer?

They don't need any patching, you can just install them via WAD Installer.
Just like you would install another .wad file.
No worries, they're all good
smile.gif

butterbutt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
smile.gif

Well that is good to know. Is there a HB app that will grab them for me from Nintendo, or should I search around? Also will any of these affect my System Menu. I can't have system menu being touched.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
butterbutt said:
Satangel said:
smile.gif

Well that is good to know. Is there a HB app that will grab them for me from Nintendo, or should I search around? Also will any of these affect my System Menu. I can't have system menu being touched.

Maybe there is such an app, I don't know it though.
You're best bet is to Google or so.

No, they won't affect your System Menu.

butterbutt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
Don't know, probably not.

But do you use the Signing Bug?

I used the original Twilight Hack so...maybe?

I've done some looking around and it seems like WiiSCU is what I need. Any pros/cons I should be aware of?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
butterbutt said:
Satangel said:
Don't know, probably not.

But do you use the Signing Bug?

I used the original Twilight Hack so...maybe?

I've done some looking around and it seems like WiiSCU is what I need. Any pros/cons I should be aware of?

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/WiiSCU

Never heard of it, but I ain't so active in the homebrew stuff and all.
I suggest you look it up on Google/GBAtemp first, then try it. Probably going to work, just to make sure you know what you're doing
smile.gif

butterbutt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:

I suggest you look it up on Google/GBAtemp first, then try it. Probably going to work, just to make sure you know what you're doing
smile.gif

I thank you for your help. It seems like that is what I need after searching this forum.

Is there anyone out there that has used this that can verify that this works?

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
butterbutt said:
Satangel said:

smile.gif

I thank you for your help. It seems like that is what I need after searching this forum.

Is there anyone out there that has used this that can verify that this works?

No problem
smile.gif

http://www.google.com/search?q=wiiscu&...rch=gbatemp.net

You can find loads of info and people who verify that it works there.

butterbutt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
djda said:
This is a guide that will make it work i use it when i get the same error as your experiencing.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=108300

Hope it helps and you will need common key but this is all explained in the guide if need i can post the common key maker or point you in the right direction (BTW Very legal and not against any rules)

I was hoping to avoid this. I'll look into it at least. Although the link for wwpacker seems to be dead.

I can get the Shop to work now (hurray), but STILL can't play newer WiiWare titles.

D

Deleted User

This thread is full of weird information.

Just install these IOS through WAD Manager:
1)IOS37
2)IOS38
3)IOS53
4)IOS55

No, they won't affect your system menu. Yes, they're safe. No, I can't tell you where to find it (Clue; Google "NewIOS-NFS").Yes, it is illegal. No, I don't think they have the trucha-bug. Yes, I recommend you having a run of IOS Downgrader. No, you don't have to do anything prior before doing this. Yes, I'm still virgin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You can make a post on the DS forum about your findings, and they'll do their best to respond...