How do I film PS3

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most people do use a PVR or some capture card but as a rule of thumb if something is built into a TV or device and does not explicitly state you can capture input (mainly for things like older/DV video cameras) you probably can not. Your best bet in that situation is to pull it apart and hope it is just a couple of standard devices glued together and then attached with a common protocol* (in your case HDMI or some high level component) you can intercept instead.

It would certainly not be the first time a common protocol has been used internally for something (maybe with a custom connector)- the original xbox controller was USB, the 360 hard drive (laptop sata), the 360 DVD drive (also sata), most older hifi stacks and car CD players (plain "phono" grade audio), wii controller extensions (basic tweak on I2C) and so on but for this sort of thing I would not count on it (HDMI or perhaps more appropriately HDCP have had devices that allow trivial workarounds/intercepts but far more are done properly).

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
OP
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Most people do use a PVR or some capture card but as a rule of thumb if something is built into a TV or device and does not explicitly state you can capture input (mainly for things like older/DV video cameras) you probably can not. Your best bet in that situation is to pull it apart and hope it is just a couple of standard devices glued together and then attached with a common protocol* (in your case HDMI or some high level component) you can intercept instead.

It would certainly not be the first time a common protocol has been used internally for something (maybe with a custom connector)- the original xbox controller was USB, the 360 hard drive (laptop sata), the 360 DVD drive (also sata), most older hifi stacks and car CD players (plain "phono" grade audio), wii controller extensions (basic tweak on I2C) and so on but for this sort of thing I would not count on it (HDMI or perhaps more appropriately HDCP have had devices that allow trivial workarounds/intercepts but far more are done properly).
Thankyou, as I do not want to mess around with my TV and such in that way I will just consider getting a PVR that allows to film game consoles.

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are all dumb the best way to record any kind of electronic is to get a plate, put a potato on it, set the plate on top of your TV, wait until it grows sprouts, when the sprouts are long enough connect them to your A/V ports and record. Any dumb person can do it.

Reactions: 1 person

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You guys are all dumb the best way to record any kind of electronic is to get a plate, put a potato on it, set the plate on top of your TV, wait until it grows sprouts, when the sprouts are long enough connect them to your A/V ports and record. Any dumb person can do it.
POTATO!

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    CameronCataclysm @ CameronCataclysm: Why no blog posts about Nitendont going after Garry's Mod repos that have been up for a decade or 2?