the Future of GAMING, the future computers and Console gaming!!

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just wanted to say....The Future is already there nowadays....It can clearly be seen but isn't seen by all:
The Future of computers is Smartphones of course soon, Laptop will disappear.... we will be able to connect them directly to a monitor arriving at work and have all our work with it! All will be clouded just as all our laptop at the moment are, the future is also TV sets.
The Future of Gaming is also there, It won't be a console wars, but a subscription war.....You will be able to access all Sony or Microsoft Services directly into you TV SET just like NETFLIX or Disney and it will work perfectly on our Tv. Of course, it will be sync if we want with our Smartphones, just like the Switch is linked to the TV. IF many can't see that their physical console will dissapear rather soon, there a blind fools ^^
Soon, TV set will become as powerfull as Smartphone, and maybe even more and will merge with computers for something in "between".
That is already happening, at the moment I'm writing this with my Tv, all my set of games are on my TV on my big screen, I even play Switch game of PS2 games directly on my TV, sooner or later, that will be PS3/PS4 and one day PS5.
So why on Earth doesn't GBATEMP put a ANdroid TV Section, only a Smartphone Section?? Because they don't feel the future??
Imagine the space in you home you'll have more with no computer and monitor, but you will have multiple power tv Sets in Families ^^

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The Temp tends to make sections as needed and if something doesn’t fit another section already. Much like the reason why they don’t have a Steam Deck or Chromebook section, because we already have a PC section that works for those things.

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Understood, but Android TV is not related to a pc section, also, despite having android it's different from smartphones....It will occur, nowaday, it's in 40% of homes.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All will be clouded
That sounds terrible and very unreliable. If you'd go to a remote location good luck getting internet there, you'd be better off having it saved to a USB and then use it on a laptop/notebook.

And yes, laptops still exist although I can see they may become obsolete in favor of notebooks (laptops without a disc drive, more or less). An external disc drive is frankly a better option in case the built-in disc drive becomes faulty for whatever reason.
The Future
Settle down, bud, you seem way too excited about it. lol
It won't be a console wars
That's not a thing, PS/Xbox are essentially the same nowadays with technically no exclusives as the "exclusives" are released on PC.

Nintendo... Nintendo is kind of on its own.
but a subscription war
I honestly can't stand that shit and I'm not subscribed/paying any streaming service. If I do use it, it's free of charge (YouTube with ad-blockers/ReVanced) or free trials (Amazon Prime).

Android TV
I have a "Smart" TV and annoyingly it came pre-installed with shit apps I didn't want or agree to, so currently I disabled them, but there's a way to permanently remove them so I plan on doing that.

I've installed a File Manager and instead installed apk files I use on the phone/tablet.

Also, the Netflix/Prime/Disney+ buttons are just unnecessary and a waste of space. I'll never click them,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto