Hacking How do I back up my PS3 games purchased through PSN with CFW?

cactusjack901

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would also like to know this; I'd like to dump my games, format the PS3, and re-install (some) of them. Maybe go back and forth between OFW and CFW to dump all of them (I have ~250 games on PSN, possibly more with PS+). I'm totally new to PS3 hacking and don't know shit about shit

zomgugoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a couple ways. This is a quick and dirty of what I got to work. I will not provide links for any of this.

You will need:
PSN Liberator 1.0 ( Everywhere I got this, Avast flagged one of the files with some sort of infection. It's a false-positive)
klics.txt - contains licenses for a large amount of games, but not all
Game contents transferred from PS3 to PC - These are stored in folders by ID in /dev_hdd0/game
act.dat transferred from PS3 to PC - This is stored in /dev_hdd0/home/0000000x/exdata/
.rif & .edat files transferred from PS3 to PC - These are stored in /dev_hdd0/home/0000000x/exdata/

Extract PSN Liberator to a folder
Put klics.txt in the Tools folder
Put act.dat in Tools/exdata
Put the .rif/.edat files in a folder - it doesn't need to be in the folder with PSN Liberator, but it can be

Open PSN Liberator. It should ask you to specify where the .rif/.edat files are and maybe some of the other stuff. Most of it will not need to be set. When it's done, the 'RIFs and RAPs DIRECTORY' should be set. Make sure to set an output folder. Select 'PSN Game Folder' and choose the folder where the game folder you transferred is stored. There are buttons at the bottom to choose the output type. For this method, both PKG and ISO can be used.

If it works, the logs should say SUCCESS for each part of the process. If it fails, it will tell you why. If you end up with a box prompting you to enter something but the text is cut off, then the game isn't in the klics.txt file. I haven't been able to figure out it's asking for. Otherwise, you should end up with a pkg or iso file.

I may have left something out, this was just off the top of my head.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is better to use reACTPSN or PSNpatch. PSNpatch is much easier than reACTPSN. All you have to do is:

PSNpatch:

= INSTALLING RAPS AND EDATS:

When PSNPATCH starts, it will search for the first valid user account (usually it will be '1', but it can be a different value).
Place RAPs and/or EDATs in the folder configured in PSNPATCH.cfg (usually /dev_usb0/exdata/ in a usb stick placed on the right most ps3 port).

Press:
UP/DOWN to change the USB port where to get the RAPs and EDATs.
LEFT/RIGHT to select the user account where to install.
L1 - a log will display the list of processed games by file type.

- Note 1: It is advisable not to process more than 20 files at the same time (if you sign more, they may not appear in the log).
- Note 2: Once the RAPs and EDATs are installed, you can remove them from the USB stick.
- Note 3: RAPs and EDATs are installed in one user account but available to all users.
- Note 4: RAPs are installed with the current IDPS (original or spoofed) and will work ONLY with that IDPS active!

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Any clues on why ReActPSN says "Unknown CFW!" On the XMB?
It used to say something different, but I ran it once (but I forgot to manually add the .rif/.rap files on dev_hdd0/home/[user_numbers]/exdata) and now it says that.
CFW is Rebug 4.81.2 w/ cobra enabled (don't remember the cobra version though)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over