How do I ask out a complete random

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If you are very shy and care what people think about you, You could be in awkward situations if she say no.
Going shopping next time would be embarrassing situations when you see each other again.
This is an open and public place, it's not like asking someone in a "really" randomly place, it's a place where she's working and where you go often, it's not random.

Although, I think you might not be the first one talking to her, or flirting/asking out.
I think women are a little used to it (and maybe even they have enough that men are asking them out every days), so maybe she won't care about what her answer will be against you, it will be only you who will think it's awkward to see her again.

Well, that's only if she say no.

About writing it on a paper, I understand why you chose this. because of you shyness and also not bothering her at her work place in front of other people. Though, it may be better to talk to her directly instead of writing it. Writting a note on a paper could be bad too, you show her that you can't talk to her.
But that will depend on her personality too, which nobody knows.

If you want to talk to her little by little, don't go talk to her only to talk, buy something and do your shopping as usual.
Just talk to her when there's nobody else or not a lot of people, when she has time to talk freely to customers.

Once you talked to her, you will need to adapt to the situation depending what you talked about, how she reacted, etc.
You ask users to help you, but all users act differently for the same situation. You will have people who tell you to talk to her few times first, other who tell you to be direct.
Finally, it's all a matter of how you will feel and react when you see her, depending the current situation, etc.
You can't "prepare" what will happen. You can't act like someone else would have act either.

Edit:
About the dupe account, and posting it on general off topic chat, maybe it would have been better for you to post it in your blog, you could have deleted it anytime if you felt too bad for asking it publicly, only few users would have read it ;)

Edit2:
You said you have a lazy eye. People often have bad first impression when meeting or talking to "uncommon looking" people.
Maybe it will be better that you talk to her instead of being direct, and let her know you little by little, so she can see you are not a bad person.
It may depend how much lazy your eye is.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I say the OP is fake, hence banned. Clue was that he said he hadn't asked a girl out since grade school and he has 2 kids. That doesn't make much sense. And all the rest, lazy eye etc etc. He's pulling your guys' leg. How did this become a 5 page thread?

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Clue was that he said he hadn't asked a girl out since grade school and he has 2 kids.
He also said the relationships he did have were with girls he knew beforehand, with no asking out on a date involved. That part at least is plausible.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Clue was that he said he hadn't asked a girl out since grade school and he has 2 kids.
He also said the relationships he did have were with girls he knew beforehand, with no asking out on a date involved. That part at least is plausible.

I wouldn't worry too much about the lazy eye thing. I know a woman that is married and she has a bad wandering eye thing going. Not my cup of tea but to each his own.

I wouldn't venture coming onto gbatemp asking for dating advice. Most of the stuff I've seen in this thread does not work. Such as.. asking the girl if she has a boyfriend already, that is like shooting yourself in the foot. NEVER EVER ask that question unless you want to be made fun of by the chick. Women can be exhorbinantly mean if you aren't careful. They will know that you're looking for someone if you ask that and it is putting them on the spot.

I haven't been with anyone in a while but I think coming on here to ask stuff is a good way to get people to think low of you. Most people online are hypocritical and I've seen a lot of internet bullying and whatnot. Just a bunch of lifeless losers that can't get a clue, let alone go outside.

Anyway if you want to find a woman don't bother with going up to people you don't know. You have to know them a bit first, like regularly see them until they are comfortable with you.

Otherwise you'll want to try match or those other sites. Imho finding a girl on the internet is a very bad idea but it works for some people. Also I wouldn't recommend finding a girl on gbatemp.net.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Fact: Love at first sight is bullshit

"Love" is commonly misjudged as lust
And this doesnt have to be sexual lust but its there

Real love is a state of mind not where you love others as they are but you love them despite what they are not

The direct way is the best because a) you will get a straight awnser without fucking about rather then invest time and emotion into talking with her and ending up getting turned down after a month. Asking a girl out is like ripping off a band-aid. The quicker the better

Also who's the moron who thinks that dating = relationship?
Seriously? Its goes like this (from beginning to end)
Fancy>Ask out>Date>it BECOMES a relationship>You tell them you love them>She puts half her clothes at your house and you put your toothbrush at hers>Moving in together>Marriage (upon choice)>Kids (upon choice)>you die together

People need to start dating again and not just go "OI I LIKE YOU LETS FUCK" -_-
Not really, although in most cases it is lust, there's times when people fall in love with someone not for their looks..
Also... These days the word love is used too often, as in... People use that word way too often without a real meaning behind it, nowadays a guy that gets laid with the most chicks, is the coolest guy, while the guy that prefers to take things slow and get to know a girl is considered a fag. =O

CortalRage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Heres my two cents, and it may help. I started off chasing a girl for two years, being indirect, and landing myself in the friend zone. I was miserable, yet I thought I was happy, and learned that sometimes that isnt the way to go (she kept ignoring me for online guys she would never meet, all who crushed her) A mutual friend of hers randomly started chatting with me, just to chat. We never met, but we knew we lived close. One night while chatting, with no lead up, I just asked her out. She thought it was cute, and dated me for less than a month, then we made it official and made it a real relationship.

Moral of the story, get to know her a bit, random chats when you see her, or like some say, ask them out to coffee or lunch. Dont pressure it as a date, just as a way to sit together and chat some. After you know her for a bit, ask her out on an actual date, if over the course of time you find out if shes single or not. Don't wait too long, because then you could end up the decent guy who would be good for her, but ends up stuck in the friend zone, and that is a hole with muddy walls, good luck getting out of there easily or alone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: Good morning!