How Crazy are Japanese schools for real?

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Mine used to be 7:45AM till 3:00 PM at ninth grade
I hated 10th grade more, 7:45AM till 6:00PM once per 2 days
That's why I loved the Nintendo DS Lite with it's battery time
biggrin.gif

P.S: Nah, you are overly-grown up for your age, you should take advantage of it while you can and rule as JRMaster. Pichu baby

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
lolzed said:
Exactly!Babies should spend their time in bed,not in internet forums and places where you study(something called school!
ohmy.gif
)
Well you'll never become a Pikachu with that attitude, let alone Raichu. Shape up lolzed. But seriously, even nutella with my low glycemic index, gets tired in those hours. I feel for ya'.

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
nutella5600 said:
lolzed said:
Exactly!Babies should spend their time in bed,not in internet forums and places where you study(something called school!
ohmy.gif
)
Well you'll never become a Pikachu with that attitude, let alone Raichu. Shape up lolzed. But seriously, even nutella with my low glycemic index, gets tired in those hours. I feel for ya'.
All he needs is to be happy over the value of 180 and level up, so even if he wanted to he can't, since he's level 100

mehrab2603

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's insane.My college is from 8 AM to 1 PM and I thought that was too much.If this is true,I wonder when do they play games,watch anime and read manga?All they seem to do is study.

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
mehrab2603 said:
That's insane.My college is from 8 AM to 1 PM and I thought that was too much.If this is true,I wonder when do they play games,watch anime and read manga?All they seem to do is study.
Isn't it obvious? when I had it till 6:00 PM I used to do it during school breaks

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Philippines here, go to school at 7:00 and ends at 4:00. Then there's also after school activities, there's 2 days where we get off at 5:00 for a choice extra curricular activity and for our elective. After that, we also have some sort of extra activity most of the time (I hate Math Varsity, but at least we don't train as long as Sports Varsities) so we do that for an hour or so after school. Then there was a day when we crammed for a school project and ended up going home at 12 midnight (thankfully, my house is literally next to school, as in I just have to cross the street). Then, we have to clean by rotation after lunch for 20-30 minutes each. Sucks since that's the prime time for cramming. Detention is 1-2 hours cleaning. You get that if you forget to clean at lunch during your turn or for typical detention-worthy stuff. I hate Asian Schools.

Although it's probably 5x worse in Japanese schools where the school has a bunch of lesbian perverts and that have discipline comities with slutty girls that hit guys with wooden sticks.

kiba93

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
i feel sorry for ALL asians
especially japan the land of mega weird robot, sexually frustrated otakus , 69 years old virgins and all those non-conformist sutff (ganguro, lolita, etc...)
yay.gif
yay.gif

Trulen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Trashed post said:

That's everywhere, not just Japan.
It's kind of annoying how people stereotype Japan with crap like that.

Yeah, that. Aside from Japan's single gaint Gundam, I'm pretty sure we've got a few giant robot statues built in the US. Somewhere.

69 year old virgins? Got 'em.

The Otakus?
Just look on GBAtemp!

Though I don't quite know where we keep out pantie vending machine
huh.gif

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trulen said:
Yeah, that. Aside from Japan's single gaint Gundam, I'm pretty sure we've got a few giant robot statues built in the US. Somewhere.

The Otakus?
Just look on GBAtemp!

huh.gif

Texas has them in a few of their "adult" shops v_v

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Trulen said:

The Otakus?
Just look on GBAtemp!

huh.gif

Texas has them in a few of their "adult" shops v_v
What is freaking wrong with the world?

Chaosruler

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
phoenixgoddess27 said:
Chaosruler said:
What is freaking wrong with the world?

People are what's wrong with it.
Personally I hated studying and the point of it, I did more then above the average of the book-copycat-retards Israeli's in my class just by understanding what the teacher says and finding techniques to remember it, it doesn't take an Einstein to do it, my grades were fine with it and I didn't waste my time doing homework
also, I don't like 9/10 of those skanks in my school that approach to me in a way that "if you want to date me, give me money" and when I say "screw it", I get beaten up to a pulp, I also don't like the approach of certain teachers (T:Did you do the homework? M:no T:what was your test? M:98 T:do moar homework for 2 points M:you deducted those points due to a spelling mistake that is your opinion T:opinions matter I am teacher I am rules M:bye T: another 2 points off from you), which is a result of the goverment taking more money from the amount they give schools each year (pay low to the teacher and get a low teacher in return, simple math) just to have a decent cream in their freaking bath, more hours are result of failures to teach complete retards history, math and literature, doesn't necceserily mean that Israel is "overly smart with hard working students", personally I'd say Israel is at the bottom of the list with having 50% failures each year and still taking more then half of their day on studies, a good teacher can teach hard matarial in a small amount of time, a sucky teacher will waste days on teaching retard-level matarial

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bloodred said:
are school starts at 7:30 and ends a 4:00 harsh

Not really this happens in America these days, even back when I was in High School it was 7 AM to 3 PM dead serious and this was in a public high school in the suburbs, there weren't any mandatory study times, but there was some voluntary study sessions until 5 if you wanted some help. Charter schools now follow this formula some are worse (one charter school in NY has a 6 AM-6PM school day with mandatory curfew and mandatory study sessions for the most struggling students).

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
For the most part, Asian schools more or less have similar start times and finish times. In Taiwan it goes from 8:30am to 4:30pm or something, and most people attend school programs or tutoring classes so yes they'll probably arrive home at like 9:00pm every school day. Oh, and that excludes the school programs that do start before the actual day begins. School on Saturday isn't as common, but I do know that in Taiwan, there seems to be some mandatory summer school that's getting every student to get one week off after the end of June, then go back for the rest of July and August until the week before school, where they get another week off. My cousins say every school does it now, dunno why. And IIRC, they don't have custodians in Asia, the students do the cleaning up of their classrooms.

Good part? They do get a nap time after lunch break.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Me niether, us north Koreans don't care