How Crazy are Japanese schools for real?

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Well the schedules were fine for me.When I was in highschool,I go to school at 7:00 am(flag ceremony and homeroom but classes start at 8) and our classes ended at 5:00pm though sometimes I arrive at home at past six since I'm a member of the student gov and because of other activities.I think there's really not much difference between our schedules here and in jap though we can go home at lunch(not like them).

Inori

Trophies
Website
gokusaishiki.wordpress.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
I don't care what culture it is, I don't find the idea of children having to study from dawn 'till dusk normal or right.

Well that`s because you were raised differently. For a few Asian children, including myself, it is considered normal. Yes, their parents will be displeased if they don`t do well, but if the child really doesn`t want to study that badly, then all they have to do is stop.

And I personally don`t see why I have to cater to your needs.

nando said:
in some cultures it's considered normal to stone women to death. it doesn't make it the best practice. humans can be conditioned to all kinds of stuff, doesn't make it right.

Okay, and who decides what is "right" or "wrong"?

I`m saying that you cannot judge another culture based on your own to determine whether something is "right" or "wrong", because as you said, people of a particular culture are conditioned to such cutoms/social phenomena.

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks Inori. For me being in school till about 4, sometimes 5 PM doesn't seem that much "insane", since I did have sometimes school that late too, but I was rather astounded by the fact that some of them come home after 21:00 on daily basis. And the cleaning doesn't sound that strange to me, I can see how it's considered normal over there.
smile.gif

I'm just thinking that even though it's normal to study that long, they (my deduction + as people have said) must feel very pressured and stressed. Maybe not every day, but during the final years of school and exam periods, right? How did you feel? Were you pressured and felt like it was really hard? How was an average class like?

@Shlong: You forgot the most important one, this one! *tears of laughter*

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Inori said:
QUOTE said:
I don't care what culture it is, I don't find the idea of children having to study from dawn 'till dusk normal or right.

Well that`s because you were raised differently. For a few Asian children, including myself, it is considered normal. Yes, their parents will be displeased if they don`t do well, but if the child really doesn`t want to study that badly, then all they have to do is stop.

And I personally don`t see why I have to cater to your needs.

in some cultures it's considered normal to stone women to death. it doesn't make it the best practice. humans can be conditioned to all kinds of stuff, doesn't make it right.

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
alidsl said:
I'm not sure they are all fully lesbianish
The last one is. the rest are debatable though, yeah.

Hop2089 said:
shlong said:
QUOTE(alidsl @ Oct 20 2010, 08:48 PM) No horny lesbian's in those, I can't recommend them
1?
5?
4 definitely...
Suruga Kanbaru

Shukufuku no Campanella has yuri if you don't mind a happy-go-lucky ecchi/action/harem anime.
Fair 'nuff. *googles*

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
wake up at 6
go to school at 7
lessons starts at 8
ends at 1330(on fridays 1230)
then depending on what level
on tuesdays, co-circcular activites from 1430 to 1730 or later
on the rest may or may not have tutorials, usually dependant on teachers or whether exams are near
for seniors ends at 1430, and i have no idea what they do probably studying the whole day
yay asian schools

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wake up 815
lessons 900-1300 or 1800
lunch break 1400-1600 or 1800
during that time I save the world from megalomaniac teenagers that change the world with their thoughts whilst having no special powers myself.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0