Hacking How can I un-hack my Wii?

Crimson Cuttlefish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to get rid of the homebrew and CFW on my Wii, so I can restart on a clean slate with a new SD card, and hack it again, as I think something messed up with the previous time I did it (it was months ago). How might I go about "cleaning up" my Wii?

Thank you to anyone for any and all information pertaining to my issue.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to get rid of the homebrew and CFW on my Wii, so I can restart on a clean slate with a new SD card, and hack it again, as I think something messed up with the previous time I did it (it was months ago). How might I go about "cleaning up" my Wii?

Thank you to anyone for any and all information pertaining to my issue.
NEVER UNHACK A WII

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why is this? If I can't un-hack it, how can I set up my new SD card to work with it?
Because deleting everything for a "fresh start" ("start over", "start from scratch"…) is a bad idea on not only on Wii. The actual modification is done on the internal NAND and a new SD does not change this. You simply place the homebrew apps you want/need in SD:/apps and they should appear in the Homebrew Channel.

Posting a System Check

Please have a look at ModMii as well. It can update/overwrite any existing softmod if you just pretend it was the first time modding this Wii when asked. Don't skip Priiloader (if not already installed) and re-install Priiloader if you ever re-install System Menu).

Good luck and have fun!

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

Crimson Cuttlefish

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because deleting everything for a "fresh start" ("start over", "start from scratch"…) is a bad idea on not only on Wii. The actual modification is done on the internal NAND and a new SD does not change this. You simply place the homebrew apps you want/need in SD:/apps and they should appear in the Homebrew Channel.

Posting a System Check

Please have a look at ModMii as well. It can update/overwrite any existing softmod if you just pretend it was the first time modding this Wii when asked. Don't skip Priiloader (if not already installed) and re-install Priiloader if you ever re-install System Menu).

Good luck and have fun!
Thank you!

Reactions: Alexander1970

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The way i homebrew wiis\, the wii can be unhomebrewed. I dont mess with the system menu or any of the oifficial ios. If i wanted to unhack any of my 5 wiis i could just install the stubs that overight the cios, and then delete all custom channels.

I dont do any of that fancy crap or use and of the tools like modmii. I have a simple process that installs homebrew channel, cios236 then the other cios and a few usb loader channels. thats it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we need a device where we can ask an assistant that can fit in our pockets too bad Samsung...