Hacking How can I transfer a .gci GameCube save file to my physical GameCube memory card?

Subscriber0101

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Figured out how. Will let this thread be an example to others.

You will need GCMM and Dolphin (the PC emulator).

1. Donwload the wanted .GCI file.
2. Open GCMM on your Wii.
3. Make a raw backup of your memory card to your SD Card. Exit GCMM then put your SD Card in your Wii. You will find your memory card backup (it is 1:1) in an MCBACKUP folder (or something to that effect.)
4. Copy the .raw backup inside the folder to your PC. Then open up Dolphin's MemCard Manager (found under "Tools"), click Browse to find a card for Slot A, and open up the MemCard backup you made. When it's opened up, just click "Import GCI" and import the file to your .raw. (Make sure your physical memory card will have the space to hold the amount of blocks you're adding to your backup while the extra .gci(s) is there). Then, move the edited .raw file back where it was originally in your SD Card. (Make sure it goes back in the same folder, and IDK if this is important but don't change the original name of the .raw)
5. Re-insert your SD into your Wii and open up GCMM
6. Format your memory card (I found that you can't do an overwrite) in GCMM.
7. Make a raw restore of your card.

And there you go! If anyone has a more convenient method, I'd love to hear it.

Now I can finally play Super Monkey Ball 1 without having to deal with the bullshit continue system. :)

Last edited by Subscriber0101,

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
make sure you have the latest GCMM (v1.4b) (shouldn't really matter but its always good to stay uptodate)
create a folder SD/USB:\MCBACKUP or you can extract any save from your GC card and GCMM should create the folder for you.
put your *.gci into the folder
then use your brain.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.