Hacking How can I get my SysNand working again?

leo97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey,

so I formatted my SD Card today (32GB SanDisk Class 10) because FBI was installing veeeeery slow (UM would've needed like 5 or 6 hours). Before I formatted it I copied all files to my Desktop and now copied it back to my SD card. Now all I can see is the usual Home Screen without all my games/themes.

I don't really know what happened so I hope you can help me get all working again. The System version still reads ''Sys 11.6.0-39E'' so SysNand should still be installed shouldn't it? What step should I do next? Can I get my old games/themes back? If not how do I reset everything without messing anything up (I fear I could somehow get to stock firmware where it isn't possible to get SysNand back without things like HardMod?)

My knowledge is very limited since I just followed the awesome guides on the internet up until now so I hope you understand my problem and can help me out.

Edit: I formatted to 32FAT and used Luma 8.1.

Sky

Last edited by leo97,

leo97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok but right now I don't have anything on my Home Screen anymore besides the stock apps so how do I get the Homebrew app back for example?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh I realized my mistake. I just copied my ''3ds'' file onto the root of the sd card and didnt take all the files out of it first. Now it works again but I didn't have to reinstall my games is this normal?

Reactions: Navonod

leo97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yea I just copied my whole sd card so I guess it was in there somewhere, the 3ds made a new one since I started it once without having all files on the root but I just merged them together again, so I guess all is fine hopefully, thx guys!

leo97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
is there a difference? I just moved the ''Nintendo 3DS'' folder into the ''3ds'' folder and then copied all the files in this folder to my root. btw the ''3ds'' folder I'm talking about wasn't the one that's needed for the whole cfw stuff I jsut gave it an unfortunate name, I guess I replaced the Nintendo 3DS folder then I didn't know there was a difference between merging and replacing.

Natsuru

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Don't worry about it, merging just merges folders with the same name together instead of removing the old one.
If the 3DS make a new "Nintendo 3DS" folder and you merged it, new files could be with old if they are not overwritten.
The 3DS is very picky about its files and file structure on the SD card.
If it works, it works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)