How can I burn a DVD-R as a DVD-ROM for my wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by games2007, Jan 28, 2009.

1. games2007
    OP

Member games2007 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi. I'm trying to burn Super Paper Mario onto my DVD-R as a DVD-ROM so I can play it in my wii. I have the ISO and everything already.
    When I use imgBurn, it tells me that the Book Type is DVD-R. Is there a program I can use where I can either just burn DVD-ROMs, or press a button to burn a DVD-ROM, without doing any Book Type Settings. Whenever I try to change them, either the settings aren't there, or the Book Type stays DVD-R. I've tryed Nero, DVD Decrypter, and imgBurn. Also, if I get DVD-Rs, do I have to change ANY BOOK SETTINGS AT ALL?
    I hope someone can help. =/

2. jacklaidlaw

Member jacklaidlaw GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    i dont do nothing i just burn using imgburn

3. bigianp

Newcomer bigianp Member

United Kingdom
    Dont have to change -r just burn. Only +r need to change booktype

4. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Lol, finally somebody who wants to change the booktype before burning on media which doesn't require or even support it...

You are right: bitsetting is important when you want to load burned discs in a Wii as data, video or backup discs, but bitsetting is only required for DVD+R media. And for DVD-Rs you can't set the booktype, only for DVD+Rs.

5. mcj

Member mcj GBAtemp Fan

United States
    You question has been answered in the other topic you had started that deals with basically the same thing.

And since I don't know which you are reading I'll repeat myself: First search, then read

Get DVD-R's, use Imageburn.