How to copy broken vob file from old DVD ?

Ligeia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just to post an update, I was never able to copy the vob file, I tried every solution suggested to no avail. In the end I just screencapped the video, there's a glitch at some point that freezes the video and crashes VLC, I just had to skip the corrupted part (which was ~ 5 seconds long).

Last edited by Ligeia,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Pirate a copy of AnyDVD and run it. Then insert your DVD. It will patch your files on-the-fly and remove the copy protections.
What protection? Protection on burned DVDs is very rare. (CPRM ← rarely used, ProtectBURN Video ← Proprietary rubbish)
Illegal copies of AnyDVD don't (really) work. A cracked version might seem to work and might even be usable for ordinary CSS DVDs (which can be handled by various freeware). For specialized protections and/or BDs (or even UHD BDs) this doesn't work.
Crucial disc specific information for disarming certain protections are delivered on the fly after a server side check for valid license. Good luck with cracked copies.

(which was ~ 5 seconds long).
That is a good result and surprisingly little damage. :)
DVDisaster would have prevented data loss entirely.

A specialized dumper for protected discs (unrelated to video → PC game protections) should be able to handle such cases. CloneCD (can do DVDs as well when not CSS/CPRM encrypted) or Alcohol 120% have functions to skip 100 or 500 sectors when encountering a few consecutive bad sectors. Usually this is to reduce dumping time of ring protections (Pro Ring, Ring Protech, LaserLock…)
But the function can be used for damaged video discs like (S)VCD and DVD relatively quickly.

It would be some manual work to extract the video from an image file omitting the corrupted part… but there might be programs designed for this.

Anyway: Good to know you found a solution.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Illegal copies of AnyDVD don't (really) work. A cracked version might seem to work and might even be usable for ordinary CSS DVDs (which can be handled by various freeware). For specialized protections and/or BDs (or even UHD BDs) this doesn't work.
Crucial disc specific information for disarming certain protections are delivered on the fly after a server side check for valid license. Good luck with cracked copies.
I've been in the DVD piracy scene for a long time bud, and I can assure you AnyDVD (And AnyDVD HD for BD discs) does indeed work. I never paid for the software, and always used a cracked (Pirated) version of it during my duration of burning discs in a span of about 10 years. It always worked properly for me. So it's not like I lack experience or know-how on the subject.

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just to post an update, I was never able to copy the vob file, I tried every solution suggested to no avail. In the end I just screencapped the video, there's a glitch at some point that freezes the video and crashes VLC, I just had to skip the corrupted part (which was ~ 5 seconds long).

You didn't seem to be interested in my suggestion nor would you answer what series it is and what the extra episodes are you referred to. If you looked for another source and couldn't find one, maybe someone else can? Doesn't hurt to at least try and see if someone can locate it for you. If not, nothing was lost.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0