How are the non hori screen protectors?

spardasieg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are they any good at this store, I see the price is much cheaper, do they compare at all? Also would love to know about those 4 dollar batteries.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
you can find 1 customer review here:
http://www.r4ds-ds.com/products/Premium-Qu...-Set-p-131.html
shoptemp uses the same supplier.
not much more info, I think those should do the trick...
I've been using a screen protector for my n95 phone, i bought the protector in a random store at a super cheap price, it works fine really.
just a sticky piece of plastic you put on the screen.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
spardasieg said:
Guessing if I lay it on correctly the first time air bubbles wont happen...? That guy seemed to mess up.
It's pretty hard... definitely not as easy as you think. Try finding some guides on YouTube and you should do alright. I got one small bubble, but it's barely noticeable and it's on the edge of the screen.

I bought official Hori ones at DealExtreme, but I'm not completely sure if they're real. In any case, you shouldn't buy random ones like Costello says. For my DS Phat I got really bad protectors that weren't smooth enough. Whatever you did, the protector would scratch. It's almost impossible to look through it now; I can only play on my DS Phat in the dark with the backlight on.

iamthemilkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because I'm pretty dumb when it comes to putting screen protectors on my DS, I just gave up.

I can never get it right without at least a little bit of dust, an air bubble, or a print. Damn annoying.
tongue.gif

However, I still don't have any scratches on either of my DS's. It doesn't seem easy to scratch it up.

I have a Hori one on one of my older PSP's and I somehow got that one on without screwing it up. It's very clear. A big difference from the absolutely awful Pelican one I had on it before.

spardasieg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maikel Steneker said:
spardasieg said:
Guessing if I lay it on correctly the first time air bubbles wont happen...? That guy seemed to mess up.
It's pretty hard... definitely not as easy as you think. Try finding some guides on YouTube and you should do alright. I got one small bubble, but it's barely noticeable and it's on the edge of the screen.

I bought official Hori ones at DealExtreme, but I'm not completely sure if they're real. In any case, you shouldn't buy random ones like Costello says. For my DS Phat I got really bad protectors that weren't smooth enough. Whatever you did, the protector would scratch. It's almost impossible to look through it now; I can only play on my DS Phat in the dark with the backlight on.

But wouldn't the same go for the hori with being hard to apply?

spardasieg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I ordered the non hori one along with the Acekard 2i and a 4gb Micro SD...Hope everything comes quickly and well.

Thanks guys.

PS: I got Tracked shipping, is it any faster (Will my order take more then a week, I'm in Manhattan)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/d9wnSq_aP-0?si=T9bdloMD2dGzvnbf