How are the non hori screen protectors?

Discussion in 'Online Stores and Purchases' started by spardasieg, May 16, 2010.

1. spardasieg
    OP

spardasieg Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 13, 2010
    United States
    Are they any good at this store, I see the price is much cheaper, do they compare at all? Also would love to know about those 4 dollar batteries.

2. Costello

Costello Headmaster

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    you can find 1 customer review here:
    http://www.r4ds-ds.com/products/Premium-Qu...-Set-p-131.html
    shoptemp uses the same supplier.
    not much more info, I think those should do the trick...
    I've been using a screen protector for my n95 phone, i bought the protector in a random store at a super cheap price, it works fine really.
    just a sticky piece of plastic you put on the screen.

3. spardasieg
    OP

Newcomer
    May 13, 2010
    United States
    Guessing if I lay it on correctly the first time air bubbles wont happen...? That guy seemed to mess up.

4. Hardkaare

Hardkaare GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2009
    Sàigòn VN _____ Status: Banned
    It has to be clean aswell and no dust.

5. Maikel Steneker

Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

May 16, 2007
    Netherlands
    It's pretty hard... definitely not as easy as you think. Try finding some guides on YouTube and you should do alright. I got one small bubble, but it's barely noticeable and it's on the edge of the screen.

I bought official Hori ones at DealExtreme, but I'm not completely sure if they're real. In any case, you shouldn't buy random ones like Costello says. For my DS Phat I got really bad protectors that weren't smooth enough. Whatever you did, the protector would scratch. It's almost impossible to look through it now; I can only play on my DS Phat in the dark with the backlight on.

6. YayMii

YayMii hi

Jun 24, 2009
    Canada
    that place

7. iamthemilkman

iamthemilkman GBAtemp Fan

Apr 5, 2010
    United States
    Because I'm pretty dumb when it comes to putting screen protectors on my DS, I just gave up.

I can never get it right without at least a little bit of dust, an air bubble, or a print. Damn annoying. [​IMG]

However, I still don't have any scratches on either of my DS's. It doesn't seem easy to scratch it up.

I have a Hori one on one of my older PSP's and I somehow got that one on without screwing it up. It's very clear. A big difference from the absolutely awful Pelican one I had on it before.

8. spardasieg
    OP

Newcomer
    May 13, 2010
    United States
    But wouldn't the same go for the hori with being hard to apply?

9. spardasieg
    OP

Newcomer
    May 13, 2010
    United States
    Well I ordered the non hori one along with the Acekard 2i and a 4gb Micro SD...Hope everything comes quickly and well.

Thanks guys.

PS: I got Tracked shipping, is it any faster (Will my order take more then a week, I'm in Manhattan)