Homebrew How am I supposed to use the commercial rom tut?

andynerd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The odd time moonshell 2 runs and I go to the mshl2wrap folder and load the rom link and it fails saying "resetMemory2Load ARM9 NoBIOS". if I load it staight from the ARDSi firmware I get the same error. If I try and load it from YSMenu, well I can't load any .nds files it says unsupported DLDI name even if they are patched. Am I doing it wrong?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
andynerd said:
The odd time moonshell 2 runs and I go to the mshl2wrap folder and load the rom link and it fails saying something about there being noBIOS if I load it staight from the ARDSi firmware I get the same error. If I try and load it from YSMenu, well I can't load any .nds files it says unsupported DLDI name even if they are patched.
Usually when YSMenu says unsupported DLDI name, its either because its unpatched or the rom loading part of ysmenu doesn't work with your card (the same thing happens with an M3, it loads up correctly and everything, but you can't run commercial roms). I actually have no idea if YSMenu works fully with ARDSi, but I've never seen a thread about it so I'm guessing it doesn't. Of course that means that Xenon++'s bypass won't work (at the moment it supports all things that can work ysmenu, touchpod, acekard, woodr4, and I think maybe something else).

As for the noBIOS thing, Xenon++ would know the answer to that (he IS the one that made it afterall xD) since I can only make random guesses on the answer to that one.

andynerd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I am pretty sure that is 40 bucks i'm never getting back. This is what I get for being uncomfortable buying things online >.> I am pretty sure the noBIOS problem is because i'm not running it though YSMenu only from the ARDSi firmware or the moonshell 2 software

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
andynerd said:
Well I am pretty sure that is 40 bucks i'm never getting back. This is what I get for being uncomfortable buying things online >.> I am pretty sure the noBIOS problem is because i'm not running it though YSMenu only from the ARDSi firmware or the moonshell 2 software
How much research and how many questions did you ask before buying?

There is nothing wrong with buying things online.
But people need to realize that they MUST do their due diligence in asking about the product and the seller -before- making a purchase.

I can't count the number of times I've read a post by someone asking for help that starts out with "I just bought __________ from __________. Is this a good cart? Is this a good seller?" Ask first, buy second.

andynerd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well when it comes to things like computer parts I've researched and stuff over and over I kind of made a little game out of it but I never buy the stuff because I don't have the cash lol. Anyway I was just thinking it was a good idea so I bought it and some friends pressured me because they wanted to use it for their pokemon games so they could cheat and stuff, got some money back on that. I spent 33 dollars on it and 15 on the micro sd card I'm thinking that If my friend will still buy it off me for 20 bucks then I will take it with the other 30 I still have left and buy myself a good cart one that works and that is meant for this kind of thing. Or I could get a part time job and save some money up (pffft) xD. I also think i'm going to start a new thread in this board asking about which cart is better and what retailer is the best for shipping to Canada. What are carts at the bear minimum without bundles? 20-30 dollars? add 20 for shipping and currency 40-60?

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
andynerd said:
Well when it comes to things like computer parts I've researched and stuff over and over I kind of made a little game out of it but I never buy the stuff because I don't have the cash lol. Anyway I was just thinking it was a good idea so I bought it and some friends pressured me because they wanted to use it for their pokemon games so they could cheat and stuff, got some money back on that. I spent 33 dollars on it and 15 on the micro sd card I'm thinking that If my friend will still buy it off me for 20 bucks then I will take it with the other 30 I still have left and buy myself a good cart one that works and that is meant for this kind of thing. Or I could get a part time job and save some money up (pffft) xD. I also think i'm going to start a new thread in this board asking about which cart is better and what retailer is the best for shipping to Canada. What are carts at the bear minimum without bundles? 20-30 dollars? add 20 for shipping and currency 40-60?
What size MicroSD card is it?

I bought an AceKard2i and I'm very happy with it.

You can buy from GBAtemp affiliate ShopTemp ($16.50USD with free shipping) if you'd like, I bought mine from GameKool ($15.10USD with free shipping).
Both are located in Hong Kong, so the package comes from China and will take a little bit longer. Mine took 8 days.

There are a few places in Canada you can buy from, Kick Gaming ($24.95USD, $4.95USD shipping) for example is a well-known place.

In my opinion, where (i.e. the country they are located in) you order from makes -NO- difference. The things that matter most are:
1). Reputable source -- If they're known to be a good seller.
2). When you order -- If there are any holidays that might interfere with them shipping or the postal system delivering.
3). Item stock -- If they don't have it in stock, they can't send you one.

For the sake of argument, a few years back when I ordered my original R4 it was from a company in Canada (Divineo.com) and it took over a month to get here and didn't have free shipping. Had I ordered it from a place in China for example, I probably would have gotten it sooner and cheaper.

andynerd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
andynerd said:
What size MicroSD card is it?

I bought an AceKard2i and I'm very happy with it.

You can buy from GBAtemp affiliate ShopTemp ($16.50USD with free shipping) if you'd like, I bought mine from GameKool ($15.10USD with free shipping).
Both are located in Hong Kong, so the package comes from China and will take a little bit longer. Mine took 8 days.

There are a few places in Canada you can buy from, Kick Gaming ($24.95USD, $4.95USD shipping) for example is a well-known place.

In my opinion, where (i.e. the country they are located in) you order from makes -NO- difference. The things that matter most are:
1). Reputable source -- If they're known to be a good seller.
2). When you order -- If there are any holidays that might interfere with them shipping or the postal system delivering.
3). Item stock -- If they don't have it in stock, they can't send you one.

For the sake of argument, a few years back when I ordered my original R4 it was from a company in Canada (Divineo.com) and it took over a month to get here and didn't have free shipping. Had I ordered it from a place in China for example, I probably would have gotten it sooner and cheaper.
Oh thanks for the reply and the microSD card is 2GB it's a Lexar I don't think it's SDHC or w/e

Xenon++

Taiju Yamada
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
As for the noBIOS thing, Xenon++ would know the answer to that (he IS the one that made it afterall xD) since I can only make random guesses on the answer to that one.
MoonShell HugeLoader cannot boot NDS which start address != 0x02000000. Set loader=2 in mshl2wrap.ini

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95eUhuR8_ps