Misc Host the backed up Wii Shop HTMP files on Local Network?

TirantRex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to download the backed up Wii Shop HTML files and host them on a PC on my local network and somehow reroute my Wii to connect to said PC to access the Wii Shop again?

Don't know if this has been asked already but I would kind of like to try it out sometime just to see if it would work.

EDIT: *HTML

Last edited by TirantRex,

KcrPL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You can't. Wii Shop Channel is DNS Redirection proof and you would need to host it with the corresponding license for the Wii Shop Channel and go through all the hassle needed to get it at least loaded.

Also you won't do that if you won't patch the WAD of the channel itself and set a SOAP server [for requests like account, downloading etc.]

TirantRex

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't. Wii Shop Channel is DNS Redirection proof and you would need to host it with the corresponding license for the Wii Shop Channel and go through all the hassle needed to get it at least loaded.

Also you won't do that if you won't patch the WAD of the channel itself and set a SOAP server [for requests like account, downloading etc.]
Darn. Oh well I’ll just wait for the open shop channel.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU