Hacking (Hopefully) Official PSP Request Your Translation Topic

ARD96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I do hope this game gets a translation.. the game play is similar to the monster hunter series but this game offers a different feel to it, just looking at the game play makes you want to hack and slash those mobs in game... but from what i heard (read online) that this game is pretty hard to crack... but im still hoping someone will be able to get this game translated...
Yes, I've created my thread about this game translation project which still stuck at rom hacking.

Zero Dozer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
About time I used that thread right.

Game Name: Itsuka Kono Te ga Kegareru Toki ni: Spectral Force Legacy
Developer/Publisher: Idea Factory
Release: 26 June 2012
Genre: Strategy/RPG

Does it have lots of text?
Must have. The Neverland franchise is known to be story and menu-heavy. As for translations... None has attempted to make one. Right now I'm praying for some charitous soul able to translate the first Spectral Souls for the PS2 as well.

Why I don't think this will come out in the West?
Because Idea Factory dropped the ball on this one. This came after a series of not-so-successful localizations for Spectral Souls II and Blazing Souls on the PSP, Spectral Force 3 on the XBox 360, and Spectral Force Genesis on the DS. Since then, Idea Factory's only focus was either Agarest, or Neptunia.
Also, PSP is long dead. Unless they release this game as a Steam/Android port and decide to localize it, which is incredibly unlikely, I don't think it'll officially see the light of day in the West.

What is it about?
Strategy game with RPG elements, and a remake of the two Spectral Force games from the PSX. You choose an army and proceed to dominate other countries in the world.

Its story has lots of reference and link, being somewhat complex. This is helped by being focused on one of the main events of the franchise, the First Neverland War.

Popularity in Japan:
Hard to say. Tried to research about it, but the Neverland franchise is so obscure in the West that almost no one has ever heard about it here. Not even a single Wikipedia entry to help me on this one.

Screenshots:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Box Art:
94497_original_1ab7762f-c36a-46db-b18c-2d9ff4d546f1.jpeg

Videos:

Why I think it needs to be translated?
How do I put it right?
I came to know the Neverland franchise through Blazing Souls on PSP. Also through Blazing Souls I came to know just how expansive, enormous the lore on this franchise is. For such an extensive franchise, only four main games were translated to the West, all of them with dubious translations that obviously may have had a hand in Idea Factory stopping his work on bringing games from the franchise to the West and focusing on Neptunia instead.

This being a remake of the two first Spectral Force games, translating the game is a good way to give players insight on the First Neverland War, an event that, on the West, got only described on Spectral Force 3 for the XBox 360. It would be cool to see that part of the franchise, Spectral Force itself, in its natural habitat.

What I can do to help:
Fishy one. I have no skills in Japanese, and I am making this request solely becuase I want to play the game myself, but even so I feel that bringing this to an English-speaking language could increase a bit of interest on the franchise among PSP players. That said, I researched a bit of the franchise's terminology, and I can offer some help to a little extent on that terminology, I hope. I can also make tests on the game via both emulator and physical PSP if needed, and of course, anyone who takes up the challenge of translating a game from this franchise has my full moral support.

Last edited by Zero Dozer,

Necron00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bermuda
Game Name: World Neverland: Qukria Kingdom Stories
Developer/Publisher: Althi
Release: February 16, 2012
Genre: Simulation

In my most opinion, from moderate to kind of lot of text.
It was only release in japan for psp, but world neverland elena kingdom came for mobile, then Nintendo switch later on.
What is it about?
It's about you, as the traveler, going to the Qukria kingdom and maybe you can move there. You can have friends, lovers, go to dungeons, get married, and start a family.
Popularity in Japan:
The latest release was world neverland elena kingdom, which is the first one have English text for western countries.
Screenshots:
World_Neverland_Kukuria_Oukoku_Monogatari_278423.6.jpg

Videos:

I'm not sure if althi is going to remake this for westerns players, but even if they didn't, I feel like this needs to be translated.
What I can do to help:
Check for misspelling of words while playing the game.
Try the English patch every time it updates in the ppsspps emulator.

hope it get translate

Reactions: Manana

BuerHightower

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Game Name: GachiTora! Abarenbou Kyoushi in High School
Developer/Publisher: Spike Chunsoft Co., Ltd.
Release: Apr 21, 2011
Genre: Action

Yes, quite a lot.
Believe me, I wish I knew. But probably because this game is heavily JP-centric, alongside with Kenko Bancho series.
What is it about?
Gachitora is an action-packed street brawling game from the makers of Kenka Bancho, that also appears to be Spike's video game take on Great Teacher Onizuka. Basically, you play as a ex-Yakuza member, who becomes a teacher at a private middle school and now you need to solve students problems via fights and mini-games.
Popularity in Japan:
I think it was very well received, I hardly can find any bad reviews of it on various Japanese forums.
Screenshots:
fl9vz0.jpg

vfr654.jpg

dt1aw7.jpg

bk7cfb.jpg

gaceqb.jpg

7k8v2g.jpg

2wxdhw.jpg

nh0rvk.jpg

87xsoz.jpg

irkmgc.jpg

Videos:

Well, imagine if Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza), Kenka Bancho, and Great Teacher Onizuka were combined together. It looks truly interesting, because we still haven't gotten anything remotely close to GTO-driven games, so far.

Last edited by BuerHightower,

Necron00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bermuda

Yes, quite a lot.
Believe me, I wish I knew. But probably because this game is heavily JP-centric, alongside with Kenko Bancho series.
What is it about?
Gachitora is an action-packed street brawling game from the makers of Kenka Bancho, that also appears to be Spike's video game take on Great Teacher Onizuka. Basically, you play as a ex-Yakuza member, who becomes a teacher at a private middle school and now you need to solve students problems via fights and mini-games.
Popularity in Japan:
I think it was very well received, I hardly can find any bad reviews of it on various Japanese forums.
Screenshots:
fl9vz0.jpg

vfr654.jpg

dt1aw7.jpg

bk7cfb.jpg

gaceqb.jpg

7k8v2g.jpg

2wxdhw.jpg

nh0rvk.jpg

87xsoz.jpg

irkmgc.jpg

Videos:

Well, imagine if Ryu Ga Gotoku (Yakuza), Kenka Bancho, and Great Teacher Onizuka were combined together. It looks truly interesting, because we still haven't gotten anything remotely close to GTO-driven games, so far.

wow Great

Reactions: Manana

Necron00

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bermuda

It was only release in japan for psp, but world neverland elena kingdom came for mobile, then Nintendo switch later on.
What is it about?
It's about you, as the traveler, going to the Qukria kingdom and maybe you can move there. You can have friends, lovers, go to dungeons, get married, and start a family.
Popularity in Japan:
The latest release was world neverland elena kingdom, which is the first one have English text for western countries.
Screenshots:

Videos:

I'm not sure if althi is going to remake this for westerns players, but even if they didn't, I feel like this needs to be translated.
What I can do to help:

more over i feel this could heal me during quarantine

Corrupted-innocence

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Game Name: Megpoid the Music♯
Developer/Publisher: ParaPhray
Release: March 28, 2013
Genre: Rhythm game

No, as it is a rhythm game, the main text in the game is menus, lyrics and Gumi's diary entries.

The company who made this game made the mistake of making it on the PSP instead of the vita which had been out for a while before the game was released. Though I personally think the reason is that it is a hard game so the developer may not have thought the Western market would have liked it.

What is it about?
The game is a mixture of skill and luck as in the game there is a chance that the final notes will be randomized. You can talk and interact with Gumi in her room mode, you can give her gifts which she will interact with. You can also customize her outfits for the songs which rather cool for the PSP.

Popularity in Japan:
The game was popular with Gumi fans and many vocaloid fans who had been waiting for her to get a game, the sales numbers were never released.

Screenshots:
CxL1LS7.jpg

Box Art:
2DqUwJH.jpg

(The standard edition of the game)

bVwJrKh.jpg

(The special edition of the game)

Video:

Why do I think it needs to be translated?
The game is one of a kind being Gumi's only game ever produced for her. The game is very fun and addicting once you get a hang of it. Also, due to the menus and the diary entries, it is very hard to play without translations if you don't know japanese.

What I can do to help:
I have a physical version of the game which could help since the backup iso will be better than the other versions and some of the available one’s glitch out for some reason. There isn't a lot I can do to help sadly as I do not speak Japanese and I lack coding skills. I do know a lot about Gumi but I don't think that will help a lot.

Last edited by Corrupted-innocence,

agent37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines

I really want this. Actually, all three games that you mentioned. It really sucks that the PSP has lots of gems that didn't get localized... :(

Reactions: Henchman1
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: I've decided to touch up my post to make things nicer.

Game name:
Shinseiki Evangelion 2: Tsukurareshi Sekai - Another Cases

Release date:

04/27/2006

Genre:
RPG

What's it about:
The game follows the plot of the Evangelion series you play as Shinji Ikari where he controls a mech-like robot called 'Evangelion' to destroy monsters called 'Angels'.
The game also has additional characters with alternative stories,

The gameplay is split into two different sections.

Freeroam: The game is fully 3d world that allows you to roam around the world of Tokyo-3 where you can enter into multiple places, for example, you can go to the store and buy items you can also talk to a wide range of characters with a ton of different dialog options. Picking the wrong option could make them dislike you, but picking the right option will build a stronger bond with that character.

Battle mode: On certain days you are called to protect Tokyo-3 from the Angels. The gameplay is unique as it sorta resembles a tactical-RPG, but without any turn-based moments. During the battle you have usually two other characters piloting an Evangelion as well.

Does it have a lot of text:

Yes, it has a lot of text.

Popularity in Japan:

The game sold over 100,000 copies in Japan on its first week of it being released. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any reviews of the game.

Why I desperately want it translated:

The game was translated at one point by a team, but they abandoned the project. You can find the project is still up on GitHub and you can download it and I've actually attempted to translate it myself! The problem is I barely knew how to do anything and screwed up.

Why I dont think it will come out in america:

The PSP was discontinued in 2014 which is why I highly doubt this game will ever be released in America.

Screenshots:
upload_2021-9-10_0-16-42.png

upload_2021-9-10_0-8-20.png

upload_2021-9-10_0-9-19.png

upload_2021-9-10_0-10-8.png

Why I think it should be translated:

There really isn't a psp game like it. You can explore multiple open world sections while being able to interact with a lot of characters with different dialogue options. The battles are engaging and have such a unique style to them.

My offering:
I'm deeply sorry but I barely know how to help when it comes to translating games. All I can really do is thank you at the end of the day.

Last edited by speedster_of_the_street,
Reactions: Tevinthemasta

JohnWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
class of heroes 3 should be removed from "soon to be released". It's never comming out, let's be honest.

I think it's fair to add it back onto requests at this point.

Reactions: Tevinthemasta

John Brown

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Game Name: The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky the 3rd
Developer/Publisher: Falcom
Release: July 24, 2008
Genre: Turned based RPG

Yes.

It has come out in the West but only on PC.

What is it about?
It is a turned based JRPG that is a sequel to two prior games, Trails in the Sky FC and SC which have been released on PSP, fully translated. Games have a heavy story emphasis with a lot of character interactions and cool customization in terms of each character's combat abilities.

Popularity in Japan:
Receives critical acclaim and has an established fan base.

Screenshots:
20170508182529_1.jpg

TS3_Capture02.jpg
ss_23eee17f464980f83333c2f34d86c91e5fc811f0.1920x1080.jpg

Videos:

Right now there is no English translation on the PSP for Trails in the Sky 3rd but there is for the FC and SC. The game has already been fully English translated on the PC so there would be less effort involved on the actual translating end. There is also a PSVita version that has been patched to have the English translation (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-trails-in-the-sky-the-3rd-evolution-english-patch.531268/) which can be used as a resource (seeing as how the already extracted the English script from the PC version). Trails to Zero and Trails to Azure have also been fan translated on the PSP so those could be used as a reference for hacking the Trails in the Sky 3rd iso. Once we're able to English patch Trails in the Sky 3rd for the PSP, doing an updated English patch (using the updated fan translation by Geofront or the upcoming official translation) for Trails to Zero and Trails to Azure shouldn't be too hard. Overall, it would be nice to have all 5 five Trails games on the PSP to be in English for people who want to get into the series but only want to play portably using their PSP or their phone (PPSSPP app).

What I can do to help:
I can purchase any of the PC copies for anyone who needs them for script extraction or as a reference. I can also help with story/plot questions. I am also ready and willing to learn the hacking process so I can assist with that. English translation is already complete so it's just the technical side that needs to be worked on (just that actual switching of the script). If anyone is interested in this I'm ready to help in any way possible to get this done.

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country

What is it about?
Popularity in Japan:
Screenshots:

Videos:

What I can do to help:

This one is easy to translate, but will need hacks since the font gets botched by the ingame libfont module, all the text is stored in the eboot:

1648600730911.png

For some reason, some characters are way too spaced, or have their width modified fromthe console's default font.

Yes, quite a lot.
What is it about?
Popularity in Japan:
Screenshots:
fl9vz0.jpg

vfr654.jpg

dt1aw7.jpg

bk7cfb.jpg

gaceqb.jpg

7k8v2g.jpg

2wxdhw.jpg

nh0rvk.jpg

87xsoz.jpg

irkmgc.jpg

Videos:

Yes, quite a lot.
What is it about?
Popularity in Japan:
Screenshots:
fl9vz0.jpg

vfr654.jpg

dt1aw7.jpg

bk7cfb.jpg

gaceqb.jpg

7k8v2g.jpg

2wxdhw.jpg

nh0rvk.jpg

87xsoz.jpg

irkmgc.jpg

Videos:

As for this one, it's easy, it uses UTF-16LE and a basic file system, the font looks great in it aswell:

1648650445288.png

Last edited by YuseiFD,

arkhamtheknight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Game Name: Ikkitousen: Xross Impact
Developer/Publisher: Tamsoft
Release: April 28, 2010
Genre:
Action/Adventure

Yes
The series is in the same situation as other similar games. Unless it gets a huge popularity boost then it will never be re-release.
What is it about?
Side scroll beat-me-up game involving some of the characters from the series.
Popularity in Japan:
Ikkitousen is known for the obvious reasons but hasn't been mega huge.

Screenshots:

At the bottom.
Videos:

Senran Kagura gets game after game but Ikkitousen is almost forgotten even though a new mini-series has come out. There are other games like this out there but this is forgotten.
What I can do to help:
I'm not that good with most stuff but can proof check if needed.

Attachments

• 2405059-itxi_ss_4th_p05.jpg
    2405059-itxi_ss_4th_p05.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 2405060-itxi_ss_4th_p04.jpg
    2405060-itxi_ss_4th_p04.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 2405062-itxi_ss_4th_p01.jpg
    2405062-itxi_ss_4th_p01.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 81
  • 337146.jpg
    337146.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 81

RedTony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Game Name: Ultima Underworld - The Stygian Abyss
Developer/Publisher: Looking Glass Technologies (Blue Sky Productions) / Electronic Arts (Origin)
Release: 14th March 1997
Genre: First Person RPG

Yes, as the story itself is the most captivating part of the game and conversations with NPCs are key for progressing further.

Even though the PC game was originally in English, the PS1 port was only released in japanese for unknown reasons.

What is it about?

From Ultima fandom site (shared as per CC BY-SA):

On the Isle of the Avatar, a colony was built in the Abyss to promote Virtue. But the colony failed and in the end the Abyss became a prison.

The player is cast in the role of the Avatar, the protagonist of the Ultima series. After being drawn back to Britannia by an apparition, the Avatar witnesses the kidnapping of Baron Almric's daughter by the wizard Tyball. The wizard escapes and the Avatar is caught by the baron's guards and taken before him. The Avatar is found guilty of the crime and banished to the Great Stygian Abyss, to either rescue the baron's daughter or perish within. The player has to deal with the survivors of the failed colony and, in the end, discovers a plot to summon a daemon, the Slasher of Veils, into Britannia. In relation to the main Ultima series, the game takes place between Ultima VI and Ultima VII.

Popularity in Japan:
Even though the franchise had a high popularity, this game does not appear in the best sold lists in Japan. Probably because the fans already had the PC version.

Screenshots:

ss2.jpg
ss3.jpg
ss4.jpg
153698-ultima-underworld-the-stygian-abyss-playstation-screenshot.jpg
153668-ultima-underworld-the-stygian-abyss-playstation-screenshot.jpg
153697-ultima-underworld-the-stygian-abyss-playstation-screenshot.jpg

Videos:

Ultima Underworld is the first 3D-1st person RPG game of all time and considered the first true first-person 3D game ever. It has received numerous awards:
  • Computer Gaming World
    • November 1992 (Issue #100) – Role-Playing Game of the Year
    • April 1995 (Issue #129) – Introduced into the Hall of Fame
    • November 1996 (15th anniversary issue) – #68 in the “150 Best Games of All Time” list
    [*]GameSpy
    • 2001 – #8 Top Game of All Time
    [*]GameStar (Germany)
    • Issue 02/1999 – #8 in the "100 Most Important PC Games of the Nineties" ranking
    [*]Origin Awards
    • 1992 – Best Science Fiction or Fantasy Computer Game
    [*]PC Games (Germany)
    • Issue 01/1993– Best RPG in 1992
    [*]Power Play
    • Issue 02/1993 – Best Game in 1992
    • Issue 02/1993 – #2 Best RPG in 1992
    [*]Retro Gamer
    • September 2004 (Issue #8) – #62 Best Game Of All Time (Readers' Vote)
And even though one can enjoy the PC version, translated to English and many other languages, the PS1 version offers unique differences with the computer one, namely:

• All the creatures and NPCs are now polygon models. Everything else, from the surroundings to the items, is still the original graphics, only slightly blurred.
  • The game is fullscreen, with only some indicators visible. The inventory is in a separate screen, which makes it less readily accessible.
  • The intro and endgame were completely redone. They also have more dialogue.
  • Numerous character portraits were changed to give them a more anime-like look.
  • All of the music was remixed. Most of it has a slight resemblance to the original music.
  • The PSX-port has many sound effects, while the original had no digital sound effects (apart from the voice acting).

What I can do to help:

Gather the English text files in the PC version I own (both an old original and the GOG version) and collaborate with the translator for menus, dialogues, etc. Eventually I might use some translation tools if someone guides me, it's long time I do not program/develop.

Reactions: elpapadelospollitos

YuseiFD

Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT: I've decided to touch up my post to make things nicer.

Game name:
Shinseiki Evangelion 2: Tsukurareshi Sekai - Another Cases

Release date:

04/27/2006

Genre:
RPG

What's it about:
The game follows the plot of the Evangelion series you play as Shinji Ikari where he controls a mech-like robot called 'Evangelion' to destroy monsters called 'Angels'.
The game also has additional characters with alternative stories,

The gameplay is split into two different sections.

Freeroam: The game is fully 3d world that allows you to roam around the world of Tokyo-3 where you can enter into multiple places, for example, you can go to the store and buy items you can also talk to a wide range of characters with a ton of different dialog options. Picking the wrong option could make them dislike you, but picking the right option will build a stronger bond with that character.

Battle mode: On certain days you are called to protect Tokyo-3 from the Angels. The gameplay is unique as it sorta resembles a tactical-RPG, but without any turn-based moments. During the battle you have usually two other characters piloting an Evangelion as well.

Does it have a lot of text:

Yes, it has a lot of text.

Popularity in Japan:

The game sold over 100,000 copies in Japan on its first week of it being released. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any reviews of the game.

Why I desperately want it translated:

The game was translated at one point by a team, but they abandoned the project. You can find the project is still up on GitHub and you can download it and I've actually attempted to translate it myself! The problem is I barely knew how to do anything and screwed up.

Why I dont think it will come out in america:

The PSP was discontinued in 2014 which is why I highly doubt this game will ever be released in America.

Screenshots:
View attachment 275373

View attachment 275370

View attachment 275371

View attachment 275372

Why I think it should be translated:

There really isn't a psp game like it. You can explore multiple open world sections while being able to interact with a lot of characters with different dialogue options. The battles are engaging and have such a unique style to them.

My offering:
I'm deeply sorry but I barely know how to help when it comes to translating games. All I can really do is thank you at the end of the day.
This one has some serious spacing issues:
1660685054525.jpeg

Reactions: HeadstrongWolf

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Lol