Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
DeMoN said:
Generally, the most outspoken people are the most hypocritical.Coming from my psych notes...
QUOTE said:
Defense mechanisms…
• Denial. Refuse to admit the unpleasant. Cases of abuse and addiction.
• Repression. Banishing the unpleasant to the unconscious.
• Projection. Push your own unacceptable thoughts on another (accuse).
• Displacement. Deflect to a weaker target. Kick a dog.
• Reaction formation. Opposite of true feelings. Usually go over the top.
• Rationalization. Make the unacceptable acceptable. Abusers use it all the time.Sounds about right to me!

QUOTE(omgpwn666 @ Jun 13 2011, 01:36 AM)
Yeah, I don't believe this. But cool that some people do. This article is saying that people who don't like hanging around with gay people are gay? Sounds dumb to me.
Please actually read it if you want to take part in this conversation.

heat6jones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is nonsense. People always do this and say this nonsense. They wanted to say Hitler was a Jew because he hated Jews as well.

I can tell you now when Hitler was in charge and homos, Jews, jehova witnesses, political opponents, etc were being starved and killed in concentration camps, he was none of those things.

And even if you are dumb enough to think this is true, then shouldn't we all just hate gay people? If the homophobes are the ones spreading that message and you're saying the homophobes are all homosexuals then isn't that exactly what the homos want?

Absolute stupidity. It's Pee Wee Herman logic; "I know you are, but what am I".

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
heat6jones said:
This is nonsense.You think so because you're reading it as if they're saying it's the only cause, and you're attributing it to things other than sexuality.

• For the first, it's simple logic. Let's take an Apollo training mission for example.
    http://library.thinkquest.org/29033/voyages/apollo.htm
    QUOTE said:
    On January 27, 1967, during a dress rehearsal for the launch, an explosion occurred in the capsule of the Apollo 1 spacecraft.And if I were to say that all the astronauts in the capsule died, most people would assume it was because they were burned to death. However... QUOTE
    Even though the crew was protected by their spacesuits from being burned, all three crew members died because of suffocation.
  • The fire quickly burned up all the oxygen, suffocating them to death before the fire could get them.

Now, your reaction to this might as well be reacting to my story with "that's bullshit, you're saying that people who die in fires always do it because of suffocation and that's not true!", but you're assuming the wrong thing.
  • For the second, it's well-known that the human mind treats sexuality under a different set of rules than other subjects.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
*snip*
omgpwn666 said:
Yeah, I don't believe this. But cool that some people do. This article is saying that people who don't like hanging around with gay people are gay? Sounds dumb to me.Please actually read it if you want to take part in this conversation.

I don't see anything wrong with his post.

homophobic means you fear gay people. in other words, if you don't like hanging around gay people, you are homophobic, but the research claims that homophobic people like guys. If you like guys, you are gay, as he said. And if you like what you strongly fear, it doesn't make sense - as he said.

This is just absurd - who in the world cares if homophobic people get 'aroused' at gay sex? what does that have to do with your life?

QUOTE(heat6jones @ Jun 13 2011, 02:35 AM)
This is nonsense. People always do this and say this nonsense. They wanted to say Hitler was a Jew because he hated Jews as well.

I can tell you now when Hitler was in charge and homos, Jews, jehova witnesses, political opponents, etc were being starved and killed in concentration camps, he was none of those things.

And even if you are dumb enough to think this is true, then shouldn't we all just hate gay people? If the homophobes are the ones spreading that message and you're saying the homophobes are all homosexuals then isn't that exactly what the homos want?

I think Hitler's parents (or one of the parent) was Jewish, thus he was born as a Jew. So I think that's the opposite: Hitler was a Jew, yet he hated the Jews.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
s4mid4re said:
homophobic means you fear gay people. in other words, if you don't like hanging around gay people, you are homophobic
You're making a bit too much of a mental jump there. There's plenty of reasons to not hang around gay people other than fear.

I don't like hanging around people who fart a lot, but I don't get distressed every time I fart.
tongue.gif

blackrider

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't fear gay people. I just don't like them and find them annoying. The name for that is homoannoyed and it has nothing to do with homosexual arousal.

amptor

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
QUOTE said:
[Investigators] asked heterosexal men how comfortable and anxious they are around gay men. Based on these scores, they then divided these men into two groups: men that are homophobic, and men who are not. These men were then shown three, four minute videos. One video depicted straight sex, one depicted lesbian sex and one depicted gay male sex. While this was happening, a device was attached to the male participant’s penises. This device has been found to be triggered by sexual arousal, but not other types of arousal (such as nervousness, or fear – arousal often has a very different meaning in psychology than in popular usage).When viewing lesbian sex and straight sex, both the homophobic and the non-homophobic men showed increased penis circumference. For gay male sex, however, only the homophobic men showed heightened penis arousal.

Heterosexual men with the most anti-gay attitudes, when asked, reported not being sexually aroused by gay male sex videos. But, their penises reported otherwise.

Homophobic men were the most sexually aroused by gay male sex acts.

That's just part of the text, the whole thing can be found here : http://www.wired.com/wiredscience/2011/06/...sexual-arousal/

It's pretty much what most people have said all along obviously, but it's always nice to have research to back it up!
smile.gif

how are they sure that not just by having something touching male genetalia that itself is not promoting the arousal? fail.

nothing against gays but realistically it is a to each his own sort of thing.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's just so wonderful. Who knew there were so many gay men in the Catholic Church, the Republican Party, or in leading political positions throughout the world?

Just about everyone knew that.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
s4mid4re said:
homophobic means you fear gay people. in other words, if you don't like hanging around gay people, you are homophobic
You're making a bit too much of a mental jump there. There's plenty of reasons to not hang around gay people other than fear.

I don't like hanging around people who fart a lot, but I don't get distressed every time I fart.
tongue.gif
I was trying to use his words to make it easier to clarify his post. but whatever:

homophobic means you fear gay people. in other words, if you are overly appalled by the existence of gay people, you are homophobic, but the research claims that homophobic people are sexually aroused by gay people. If you are sexually aroused by guys, you are gay. And if you like what you strongly fear, it doesn't make sense.

I'm sorry if anybody is insulted by the above explanation. Please don't take it as an insult.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s4mid4re said:
Rydian said:
s4mid4re said:

tongue.gif
I was trying to use his words to make it easier to clarify his post. but whatever:

homophobic means you fear gay people. in other words, if you are overly appalled by the existence of gay people, you are homophobic, but the research claims that homophobic people are sexually aroused by gay people. If you are sexually aroused by guys, you are gay. And if you like what you strongly fear, it doesn't make sense.

I'm sorry if anybody is insulted by the above explanation. Please don't take it as an insult.
It's a defense mechanism.
Those who overly dislike homosexuals are trying to socially cover what they themselves cannot bear to acknowledge, this being the fact that they may be gay.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
s4mid4re said:
Rydian said:
s4mid4re said:

tongue.gif

It's a defense mechanism.
Those who overly dislike homosexuals are trying to socially cover what they themselves cannot bear to acknowledge, this being the fact that they may be gay.
I'm not a homophobe, but I can tell you that they must have gone through harsh things to become homophobic. What if you we're suddenly held down by a bunch of gay guys and done unwilling things? And yet you are jokingly saying that they too, are gay?

This is just absurd.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
amptor said:
how are they sure that not just by having something touching male genetalia that itself is not promoting the arousal? fail.The control group.

QUOTE(s4mid4re @ Jun 13 2011, 03:09 AM) I was trying to use his words to make it easier to clarify his post. but whatever:

You're misunderstanding me. He's thinking of "not wanting to hang out with" as "fear", when they're not the same thing.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
amptor said:
how are they sure that not just by having something touching male genetalia that itself is not promoting the arousal? fail.The control group.

QUOTE(s4mid4re @ Jun 13 2011, 03:09 AM) I was trying to use his words to make it easier to clarify his post. but whatever:

You're misunderstanding me. He's thinking of "not wanting to hang out with" as "fear", when they're not the same thing.
Indeed, 'fear' and 'not wanting to hang out with' are totally different concepts. That's why I replaced omgpwn666's words with mine.

Thesolcity

Wherever the light shines, it casts a shadow.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What constitutes homophobia?

AND

What exactly did the penis-readers actually read? I'm skeptical of reports like these....

Paarish

Connor's Nublet
Trophies
XP
Country
Thesolcity said:
What constitutes homophobia?

AND

What exactly did the penis-readers actually read? I'm skeptical of reports like these....
Homophobia is the fear or discomfort of being around gay people.

AND

they were probably measuring girth or blood flow

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
s4mid4re said:
Rydian said:
*snip*
omgpwn666 said:
Yeah, I don't believe this. But cool that some people do. This article is saying that people who don't like hanging around with gay people are gay? Sounds dumb to me.Please actually read it if you want to take part in this conversation.

I don't see anything wrong with his post.

homophobic means you fear gay people. in other words, if you don't like hanging around gay people, you are homophobic, but the research claims that homophobic people like guys. If you like guys, you are gay, as he said. And if you like what you strongly fear, it doesn't make sense - as he said.

This is just absurd - who in the world cares if homophobic people get 'aroused' at gay sex? what does that have to do with your life?

QUOTE(heat6jones @ Jun 13 2011, 02:35 AM)

I think Hitler's parents (or one of the parent) was Jewish, thus he was born as a Jew. So I think that's the opposite: Hitler was a Jew, yet he hated the Jews.
No he fucking well was not!
Think before you spew such anti-Semitic shit!
OT
Sadly the sample size is to small to be scientifically valid. But I thought they did a much bigger study years that showed the same thing. Regardless it is always fun to wind up homophobes with this.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a few gay friends, Pete being the most notable. And to be fair if he hadn't told me he was gay, I don't think I'd ever had noticed. He's no different to any of my other friends. He goes out to the pub, he drinks, he meets new people, he plays pool, he makes disparaging remarks about reality tv shows. I don't see any reason to be afraid of gay people because they're no different to anyone else. If you're gonna be afraid of gay people then you may as well be afraid of everyone. Makes about as much sense if you ask me.

Pete actually asked me if I had a problem with him being gay. And my viewpoint remains the same as when I answered him then. I have no problems with people being gay, do whatever or whoever you want to make yourself happy and enjoy as much of your life as you can without letting other people drag you down. Just don't try to insert anything into me
tongue.gif

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Miss Panda said:
s4mid4re said:
*snip*
I think Hitler's parents (or one of the parent) was Jewish, thus he was born as a Jew. So I think that's the opposite: Hitler was a Jew, yet he hated the Jews.No he fucking well was not!
Think before you spew such anti-Semitic shit!
OT
Sadly the sample size is to small to be scientifically valid. But I thought they did a much bigger study years that showed the same thing. Regardless it is always fun to wind up homophobes with this.

I'm very sorry for the mistake I made, but I don't think it's 'he fucking hell was not' as you say. This is what wikipedia says:
Ancestry

Hitler's father, Alois Hitler, was an illegitimate child of Maria Anna Schicklgruber, so his paternity was not listed on his birth certificate; he bore his mother's surname. In 1842, Johann Georg Hiedler married Maria and in 1876 Alois testified before a notary and three witnesses that Johann was his father. Despite this testimony, Alois' paternity has been the subject of controversy. After receiving a "blackmail letter" from Hitler's nephew William Patrick Hitler threatening to reveal embarrassing information about Hitler's family tree, Nazi Party lawyer Hans Frank investigated, and, in his memoirs, claimed to have uncovered letters revealing that Alois' mother was employed as a housekeeper for a Jewish family in Graz and that the family's 19-year-old son, Leopold Frankenberger, fathered Alois. No evidence had, at that time, ever been produced to support Frank's claim, and Frank himself said Hitler's full Aryan blood was obvious. Frank's claims were widely believed in the 1950s, but by the 1990s, were generally doubted by historians. No evidence of Leopold Frankenberger's existence has been produced. Ian Kershaw dismissed the Frankenberger story as a "smear" by Hitler's enemies, noting that all Jews had been expelled from Graz in the 15th century and were not allowed to return until years after Alois' birth.
It's a debatable thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (this is going to be horribly misinterpreted as me wanting to fuck DK or smth, isn't it?)